Super Red Ram: what's it worth?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myoldtrucks

All,

I need some advise. I can get this motor, with the tranny, rear end and radiator (supposedly no good) for $1500. I have not tried to bargin at all, yet.
The guys says the motor is stuck, so I am pretty hestitant, but it would be REALLY cool in my coupe. [dr

What do you think???

Attachments

• 0123001531.jpg
    0123001531.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 54
I would pass on any engine that is stuck and priced at $1500. Especially a rare Hemi that parts are hard to find and rebuilding will be expensive. If you have your heart set on a Hemi then keep looking, I have seen "running early Hemis for $2500 to $3500. At least a running engine has a good block, crank and heads. Look at ebay right now there is an industrial hemi that turns for 1100.:D

Offer him 750 on the condition that you tear the heads off first. If it has sat outside with no cover but that shredded tarp, it probably got a lot of rain water in it, might be screwed.

I'm trying to save up right now because a guy I know has a Super Red Ram with the machine work done already and mostly complete for $700. Like the other guys said... This is an expensive rebuild and parts are hard to find. I wouldn't offer him more than $500 for the one (just the motor) your looking at. If he won't let it go then your better off finding something else.

You can get adapters to run a different tranny (although they are pretty expensive)... pick up a cheap rear end at the junk yard or something. I bought my 8.8 Ford rear for $125. You just have to do some research.

I REALLY WANT ONE OF THESE MOTORS THOUGH! GOOD THING IT'S TAX SEASON.

Latest posts

Back