Supercharger on Cad 500

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

So i have a few connections on a couple eaton units. Can i use these or am i wasting my time? im not after big power, just some extra kick. can fab up custom intake for have tools and resources now for doing so. just need to know if its worthy enough. what size do i need as a minimum?

26Troadster, I would be very informative if you could explain the applications where an Eaton charger would work. And what it would take to set one up. I'd like to know about adapting to a straight six, for instance.

from what ive found, the eatons i was looking at pairing up are the M90's.

not to say that it will work as i planned, but plan to pair them up on a custom intake and just play with it! as far as fuel delivery, will need to check to see if they can be adapted to run outside the box of normal use like on the small motors they come with.

as for the eaton superchargers. what i have found from an instant glance; the m62 are the small 2.2L motors etc(cobalt ss), the m90 runs the 2.2L-5.0L etc. my simple reasoning may be incredibly wrong but as if with turbos; pairing up smaller turbos help run the bigger power numbers. SO...pair up smaller superchargers help run a larger Litre motor?! we will see tho

BOB, i think you could get away with using a M62 or M90 easily for the inline 6 and be happy with the results, just would need to fab an intake to mount it all up

Sounds like a fun project. I always thought about mounting one like a Procharger just build a plenum to the carb and use it as a blow through system.

ya know I have been thinking about doing this with my I6 250 motor.... I want to do something off the wall with that just haven't figured it out yet. [S [;)

I'll keep posted waiting to hear back on the S/C's and from there will run a blow thru set up. If you guys interested in the I6 with an Eaton, Google image and can see a few already done.

Supercharger

Are you talking about making a complete intake to mount the s/c too. If you only want a wow factor and a little boost, why not make an adapter mounted under the s/c to bolt onto a 4bbl. intake. I don't think there would be any problem using it as a pull thru type with the carb on top, just a few home made adapters. I don't see why you could not make a few lbs. of boost, not enough to hurt anything but just give it a little kick, plus the wow factor for the masses that have no idea of how things work, you could tell them its the newest design to make what ever # you like.
PS: If it works make me 1 too.

Eatons are a dry S/C so the require the fuel after the charger unit. So I will need to fab them to sit above the Carb and ran like so. The draw thru design burns out the units. If I can get my idea to work. I'll fab the set up for others to buy and adapt to there own motors.

s/c

Ok I see, you will just have an air filter at the intake opening of the s/c and then a mounting bracket with plumbing to the top of the carb, you could use any blowthru style carb. you could mount the s/c anywhere on the top or side of the engine, just some plumbing to get the boost to the top of the carb, cool idea.

Thanks, that's my intended plan of attack. Just waiting for motor from the shop, and the superchargers. As far as mounting and holding the superchargers, that will still take some thought. Have a couple ideas but will have to wait til I can get hands on everything

Latest posts

Back