supercharger rebuild?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minister of Sinister

I am trying to rebuild my B&M blower 144, I am having a hard time removing the two bearings located in the rear plate, they are kinda like a clutch pilot bearing but needle bearings, I tried to use grease the way I do with the pilot bearing, it dont work, does anyone know how to get them out
please help
thanks

The last time I rebuilt a blower it had some sort of open, round ball bearings in a sealed bearing case. I'm not sure I know anything about the needles.
Sorry.

i assume these bearings are only open on 1 side and that is the reason your having problems getting them out.

if so, you need to get a blind bearing puller. you can buy a kit from harbor freight, thats what i got. its not the best kit but i make it work.

I am not familiar with the B&M blower, but is the housing aluminum? If so it will expand twice as fast as the steel bearing with some heat. I am assuming you have checked for snap rings, etc. Might try placing the plate in and oven or even on the gas grill the even heat will open the hole and the bearing might fall out.

We used to race Jr Dragsters and to install a sleeve in the aluminum block. We would bore the block to .005" press fit. Set the block in front of a kerosene space heater for 20 minutes and the sleeve would fall in the hole. If you needed to remove it you set it upside down, reheat and the sleeve would fall out.

Latest posts

Back