Swedes and dirt

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
DSC_0503-vi.jpg

DSC02387-vi.jpg

DSC_0253-vi.jpg

DSC_0450-vi.jpg

Sorry Guys Bedrock Weekends are hold in Denmark
Goggle BedrockWeekend#7
But some Swedish riders Race and join the party
West

I've noticed from event coverage that the Europeans seem to have more fun with their cars. I've seen hill climbs, track and off road running and reliability runs along with a lot of camping, which might include consuming adult beverages. Here, many rodders (especially the ones my age) tend to fall asleep in their lawn chairs untill it's time to go home.
Also, the events that are posted seem full of really cool cars of the type we know and love. Not just a few scattered among the expensive paint, interior and billet jobs.

Their have'n all kinds a fun...! reminded me of when we was kids with our $25 lot cars out tear'n up the fields on the farm.. that was a blast..!

Looks like the Danes know how to have fun with their rods. Kinda reminds me of the old days, that I have seen pictures & heard stories of.

totally agree

I've noticed from event coverage that the Europeans seem to have more fun with their cars. I've seen hill climbs, track and off road running and reliability runs along with a lot of camping, which might include consuming adult beverages. Here, many rodders (especially the ones my age) tend to fall asleep in their lawn chairs untill it's time to go home.
Also, the events that are posted seem full of really cool cars of the type we know and love. Not just a few scattered among the expensive paint, interior and billet jobs.

I totally agree with ya man. Lawn chairs should be banned from car shows. They only cover up the cars and usually the guys that are sitting in em are too lazy or too egotistical to look at others cars. At least thats what I notice in my area car shows. The only show I like is the Jalopy Showdown where at least you can beat on your car then camp out and hang out with others. People always ask me why I don't enter my cars in car show is because of crap like that. I drive my cars anyways so It dont make that much differance to me.

Thanks for clearing that up J.P. I cannot change the title now or i would.
Have you been to this event. Please tell us about rodding in Denmark.:cool:

Rodding in Denmark is tough, but a bare bones operation. We do have a street rod crowd of around 70-90 people with cars or projects, and then there's the traditionalists numbering roughly the same (correct me, Niels & Lars if I'm wrong).

Bedrock Weekend is propably the most authentic event in Scandinavia (have seen pics of similar events in Norway and Finland though) as the Swedes Old Style Weekend has gotten too big, suffering from it's own succes I guess?

Some really cool cars are surfacing these past years in our small country, and the die-hard guys and gals are doing just fine, honoring the spirit of yesteryear.

Thomas

Rodding in Denmark is tough, but a bare bones operation. We do have a street rod crowd of around 70-90 people with cars or projects, and then there's the traditionalists numbering roughly the same (correct me, Niels & Lars if I'm wrong).

Thomas

I guess that your figures are about right, but some of the people(like me), show up in both camps.
Lars

I would guess the low value of the American dollar is helping the European car hobby in buying project cars and aftermarket parts.
When I was in Norway a couple years ago, the first car I saw leaving the airport was a purple '57 Chevy. I saw a lot of old Mustangs, a '59 Cad 'vert, but no hot rods. Some of the town public works departments had full size Chevy Pickups, which really surprized me.
Congratulations to you guys for developing a great hot rod scene in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. And the rest of Europe too.

Danes havin fun

Glad to see the Danes havin fun with their cars! Was wondering where in Denmark this takes place, my mother is from Stor-Brondam, near Skorping in Jutland and my father is from Haderslev in Southern Jutland. Have an ag-exchange student who bought a 56 Bel and is planin to take it home with him. My cousin took home a 55 Bel back about 8-10 years ago.
Boe

Latest posts

Back