Switch panel wiring for accessories?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

I've got a switch panel I made out of stainless steel... pretty simple set up. In my wiring kit I have a wire for the horn (1 switch), hazzard flasher (1 switch), cell phone charger/ cig lighter (1 switch), and 1 accessory wire.

The wires mentioned above are spoken for except the accessory wire. I want to have a switch for my (4) cab lights on top, a switch for my dome light, and a switch for my interior neon I'm going to put under the dash.

I can hook up a normal white dome light to my headlight switch so that shouldn't be a problem, but how do I wire two separate accessories off of one wire? Will the switches do the thinking or do I need to install some sort of relay? Do I need any extra fuses?

The lines marked "(wire)" in my awesome diagram are coming from the fuse box.

Photo048.jpg

Photo049.jpg

Photo050.jpg

As long as you have seperate switches that should work.Are you gonna run your dome through door jamb switch? or just the headlight switch? check to see how the H switch works that light some give "gound" like the jamb switch, so in conjunction the H switch will override the D switch.

Attachments

• dome.jpg
    dome.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back