T Coupe 1st Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msandersonrr

This is my first build, I've built bikes mostly. I picked up this coupe from a friends dad who had it sitting in his front yard. The top was off, they guy he got it from was going to make it into a coupster. I got a Ford 9 inch and front axle out of a 64 F100 2wd. I ended up redoing the frame in the pic, live and learn. Most of the suspension should be here Monday. The way I have always been is I build things the way I think they should look. So I plan on chopping/channeling, making the side widows one big opening, and airbags in the rear. I have not deceided if the top will be open or ragtop. Sorry for the crappy drawing, I'm no artist, but gives you an idea. Don't be shy with ideas or suggestions.
0219102110.jpg

By msandersonrr, shot with LSI_S5K4AAFA at 2010-03-03
0303100846.jpg

By msandersonrr, shot with LSI_S5K4AAFA at 2010-03-03

the t build

Man my wife yells at me for putting stuff on top of the freezer in the garage and she has to move it to open it up, you get to build it in the living room, you gotta keep a woman that lets you do that. :)

It's a Roller

Got the suspension mostly done, still need to weld on my front radius rod mounts. I ended up just using coilovers for the rear instead of airbags. Hope to get my box tubing so I can start on the floors and get this thing channeled and mounted. Going to channel it 4 inches. I hope to remember to get some more pics this weekend.
0321101549.jpg

By msandersonrr, shot with LSI_S5K4AAFA at 2010-03-22

Quick Update

I will try and get some more pics this weekend. But the good news is I just picked up 40' of 1x1 tubing so I will starting on the floor tonight.

Latest posts

Back