T roof options

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasser300

I am not going to chop my 27 tudor sedan but do want to cap the roof or whatever it would be called. It has the wood framing there and can get a replacement top kit for around 100 bux but really want a van roof on it or something like that.

Anybody here done anything like this before?????

i have seen guys use roofs off the old blazers from the early 90's.... im sure any basically flat roof panel could be made to work... i dont know any of the specifics of how to do it.. sorry wish i could be more help

Hey thanks. I was at the wrecking yards looking for rear ends and started looking at minivan roofs. Got home and discovered that the T roof is wider than most minivans so as you suggest, I will now look at bigger stuff.

Wish I could find some pics of Ts with the roof capped off.

im capping my 54 willys truck.was planning on a flat sheet of steel and have about a 8 inch bend put in at a 45 degree angle for a sunvisor.but now im looking at cutting down a 1970 chevy truck hood and useing the forward bend where the hood latch is for a visor.im not sure yet.going to try and see how it looks

I used the front half of an 85 Ford stationwagon roof on my T sedan cut down to a PU Cab thing. If I do it again, I'll look for an older roof using non tempered sheet iron. The tempered stuff warps too much, the older sheet metal is thicker and easier to weld.

I like the ridges in the roof--the flat T roof is too plain for my tastes. The leading edge and somewhat rounded edges gave the cap a 'pagoda' look. I'm pleased with it overall.

The back 1/2 of the wagons roof has a luggage rack that might be interesting/usefull..

PA41

Attachments

• work 309.jpg
    work 309.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 25
  • work 333.jpg
    work 333.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 28
  • work 821.jpg
    work 821.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 24
  • work 824.jpg
    work 824.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 27
I used and old boiler tank for the roof on my Model T Pickup. It even has a seam down the middle with rivets along the seam. Just a idea for you.

Latest posts

Back