tail light and turn signal ordeal...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

So im in the process of redoing my bed :( for i found a way to make it 10x easier to work with, coat, etc. anyhoo...i am still going with the tilt flat bed style i had designed but just extending the sides farther out and just overall cleaner. im having issues with getting my tails and turns sorted out.

i have a 2 sets of chrome bullet turn signals equivalent to what i post that im going to mount to the side of the bed, then i have 4 2" 9 led round tail lights.

i will have a hand fabbed tailgate that i am going fill with wood that matched the flat top. so should i mount the 4 round lights into the wood on the edge vertically over one another or shoud i take all four and mount them into the steel right under the hinges for the tail gate?

i know its pointless without pics to really help reference, but im having issues deciding light fixture which is in turn hindering final prep and building of the new/final bed im building.

Attachments

• get.jpg
    get.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 96
  • thumbnailCATFO6SK.jpg
    thumbnailCATFO6SK.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 4
i know they would but with my daughter going into the hospital this weekend. that got haulted in a hurry. im thinking i may fab up a bumper/light bar to house just the lights that mounts to the actual frame, but still im up in the air until i get that bed fabbed out completely.

was just hoping some people would chime in with light ideas or pitch in a couple pics that could help ease my brain from frying out thinking over all this.

drop tail gate

well if its gonna be a functioning tail gate then I wouldnt put lights on it cause if you leave it open you cant see them . if its just for look or so your cooler dont slide out its up to you

its for getting to the gas tank...i have it planned to open at a 45 degree just for that reason alone. so if i run the wires long to avoid snagging or anything like that, only have to make sure the gates pinned up.

tho i think i figured out what i want with the lights and i think after this week ill be able to fully post my ideas for all to see.

Latest posts

Back