Take a layer of paint off.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junk

Ok I have a 39 chevy truck that use to be a welding truck. some one painted it red and its flaking pretty good. under the flaky red paint is an awesome military green. Any way of removing red to get to the green?

oven cleaner

try oven cleaner. I get it around here at the dollar store. I use it to strip bicycles that have been painted. Strips the top layer and leaves the original paint and decals.

try oven cleaner. I get it around here at the dollar store. I use it to strip bicycles that have been painted. Strips the top layer and leaves the original paint and decals.

Oven cleaner works great, I use it to remove old paint all the time. If the paint underneath is hard, like acrylic enamel or similair, oven cleaner probably won't damage it.

Oven cleaner didnt do much. Was a paint job from years ago, wicked thick. It worked ok on thin spots. Might try to scrap whats loose and maybe lightly sand down to some of the green. No way to get all the red off.

if you have access to a compressor, i would try using a blower. the high pressure air might push under the red. be careful not to scar the color underneath the red if you decide to use a scraper.

Latest posts

Back