take time be carefull!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondo bandedo

i just wanted to remind everyone that as we rush around to finish our projects to please stop and do a quick or good check of everything dont get in too big of a hurry things can happen you never thought of im speaking from an incident or accident i had friday i was in a hurry to get my car on the road so after thrashing all week to see it happen i started my car and walked away for just a moment not even five feet and there it gos in reverse ond out the garage to the street in front of my house and towards my neighbors homes so in a panick i chased it grabbing the wheel long enough to steer it clear of one house but in the confusion i was caught by the open tires and dragged a little so fortunatly it came to rest against a tree not harming the car much but me about 85 percent road rash.after the cops and paramedics left we got the car in the garage and found a dropped bolt had stopped the cars linkage from going into park fully so the running engine jarred it into reverse im sore but cant help but to think how much more could have went wrong.So please take precautions on your projects i know to most this may seem like common sense but we all get excited and overlook things sometimes.Take care brother rats!:mad:

man! i'm sorry tohear of your accident! there has been more than one rodder chasing a car/truck that found "retreat"(reverse) on its own....:eek:never a good feeelin either
hope you get to feelin better and glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were!

and thanks for the advice, too....

Bandedo,
Wowsers... that's really a freaky thing to have happen... the dropped bolt & all. I'd watch out for that car... it's after you!!! Just glad u're alright! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

My old man had something similar to that happen. He was a driver for a company that has vans and buses that are fitted with handicapped lifts to give the elderly and handicapped folks a ride to hospitals and other places. He had a Ford 350 van that he was testing the lift on one day and didn't put it back in park. When he stepped out to run the lift the RPM went up and the van ran away from him. He tried to run in front of it to stop it and it caught him and ran his leg over. It finally stopped when it ran into his neighbors steps. Glad he ended up being ok, but I had to laugh picturing him chasing after it. I know, I'm a cruel son....you'd have to know my dad I guess.:eek:

Anyway, glad you're ok. Someday you may look back at this and chuckle, but you'll always carry the lesson with you.

I'm glad it didn't turn out worse! Also good to hear your ok aside from some irritating road rash Bondo. Cars can take on a personality of their own sometimes and you can never let your guard down. A buddy of mine just last week was cutting on his 4x4 truck frame with a torch to remove the independent front end and install a solid front axle. Without warning a small little fire he created erupted into a huge problem. It got away from him and just about took the truck and the shop with it. Luckily there was a five gallon bucket of rain water by the door and I didn't waste any time flooding the front of the truck with it. No major damage to the truck, my buddy or the shop aside from a really wet floor. The front end is finally done and a few valuable lessons were learned!

T1

Wow man that does suck! And road rash is never fun. i crashed my motorcycle on the highway once, got it pretty bad. I do hear ya on being in a hurry. I know Im gonna have to go over everything at least twice. I forget things all the time.

Im glad that you are doing well. Keep what ever cream the doctor gave ya on that rash and stay away from chlorine!

Latest posts

Back