Tall Tires

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Semi tires are gonna be real heavy, The biggest regular auto tire I've seen is about 27". Know of anything taller?

33" mudders also but they are too wide. I'm not sure how to convert the #s on Coker tires to get their height

If you want to go to 20's, Coker has Firestone bias ply tires that are 34" in blackwalls or whitewalls, BFG's that are 35". Also Cokers Excelsior 20's are 35", in radial or bias ply.

If you want to go to 20's, Coker has Firestone bias ply tires that are 34" in blackwalls or whitewalls, BFG's that are 35". Also Cokers Excelsior 20's are 35", in radial or bias ply.

@ $300 + a pop I don't see that happening :mad:

I'm building a relatively light ride with a small motor, would motorcycle tires be OK to use. In theory you would be splitting the weight in half side to side. So each half of the car would be about the weight of a bagger with 2 fat people riding them.[ddd

I'm sure I'm gonna have to go bias but would at least want WW 34" tall would be cool. Good used ones would be awesome too.

Tires

Charley.
I'm gonna use 235X85R16 on my cabover front. They are only 31 inches tall but they have many sizes. You can go to a tire website and they should give you the overall height by size. They are pretty narrow and tall. And they are radials.

They run about $150 bucks each ......hope this helps.:D

Lynn

I'm building my. Project with Mickey Thompson 32X18 rear tires. Lately though I'm thinking of a tall narrow tire on the rear. I like the big and little look but started thinking about narrow rears. Hard to find a 32 inch narrow 15 inch tire.

Gold03

Charley.
I'm gonna use 235X85R16 on my cabover front. They are only 31 inches tall but they have many sizes. You can go to a tire website and they should give you the overall height by size. They are pretty narrow and tall. And they are radials.

They run about $150 bucks each ......hope this helps.:D

Lynn
White wall?

I've been goggling everything I can think of but not much luck getting results

This is the effect/look I'm going for, want to make my cab look lower/shorter than it really is.

Attachments

• Ricky Bobby.jpg
    Ricky Bobby.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 31
Website

Charley, The link that RPM gave you will give you lots of info if you dig around in it. They are very expensive but I have a local independent tire dealer that priced the 235X85R16 for $150 each. I don't think they are available in whitewall but I'm not sure of that. And they are not a brand name although they are probably manufactured by a major brand. They are highway tread too, BTW.

Later
Lynn

Hey Charley

I am not sure if I would be any help or not but I am in the process of getting tires for my 1947 CJ2A and the rim is like 4.5" wide and is a 16.00" rim. If you want an agressive looking tread....One of the guys I buy most of my Willys Jeep stuff from has these

http://walcks4wd.com/6-50-x-16-super-traxion-tires.html

they are tall and skinny but more of an off road look tho. I just thought I would throw this out...he will pay the postage too.

MikeC

It's me again.....

Hey Charlie,
If you go to the Tire Rack website and look in "Shop by Size", you wil find 5 pages in the size I mentioned. Scroll thru them and you will find a bunch that are white letter tires. White letter tires have white sidewalls underneath the black. You can have the black shaved off, exposing the full "whitewalls" .....AND they have some for $143.00 each. Brand names...Michelin, Bridgestone, Yokohama...

....TaDa. Howzat? lol:D:D:D

Lynn

Last edited:
what about looking in to industrial tires? There cheaper mine measure 31 inchs and came off a compressor. Oh did i mention they are 11 ply lol

Latest posts

Back