tanks for bags

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something that is rated for the amount of pressure you're going to put to it. Unless your going to hop it, you'll probably want something rated at least 130PSI. 5-10gal. Maybe less PSI with a larger tank. I figure you'd want it to full fill at least once without the pump having to come on. So it depends on the pressure you plan to run.

No expert, just rambling...

spellin isn't the best but would a freon tank work the kind that they use to fill your a/c compressor with or maybe one for each side

spellin isn't the best but would a freon tank work the kind that they use to fill your a/c compressor with or maybe one for each side

Feon tanks started putting one way valves on them for the purpose of stopping people from using them as portable airtanks because they are thin and the moisture rusts them on the inside.

I used a tank from an old pancake compressor I had, its a tad small but I little space to work with.LOL
pancake_air_compressor.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-04-05 19.16.59.jpg
    2011-04-05 19.16.59.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 27
I'd either find a old compressor tank or just buy a new one. A 5gal. from a airbag shop will run about $50.

Don't see why a cheap harbor freight or yard sale portable airtank wouldn't work. They are a lil chubby usually but I think I paid about $10 for my craftsman at a yard sale or auction. And I believe it's gauge goes ove 100

A compressor tank will also get you the pressure switch, a gauge, and the overpressure valve. And probably a petcock.

ebay always has tons of deals going on that you can pick up tanks and such for cheap. I picked up a refurbished like 5-7 gal with 4 additional bungs welded in, powder coated for 40 shipped. A compressor will come the pressure switch etc, and you can buy panels that have gauges and switches under 50. i personally have about 550 tied up in compressors(2), tank, solenoids, 4 bags etc.

Latest posts

Back