that 'other' board...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chopshopcustoms

anyone else notice how cynical and mean people are becoming on that 'other' board many of us frequent? How come?

Is it just more newbies out there ? The rudeness is upsetting to me to say the least.I mean they ARE all just cars- some good, some different.

Not knocking the board in ANY way as the person who runs it rocks- and Im still super happy I get to post there- Im just noticing a big change in the past 2 months or so of peoples tones and attitudes... Maybe its the winter doldrums...

I agree on the winter time blues stuff!I can see a differance in people too.
My wife allways says that she loves winter time but hates to see it come because i change so much[I'm a hatefull butt in the winter time].
But spring aint too fare off now!!!!!!!:D

attendance

I quit reading their board, I dont even go there :eek:

seems friendly here and a good place to read and observe :D;):rolleyes:

have not got much encouragement some some other sites, a newby takes a while to figure out where to procede on a car building adventure

Last edited:
I frequent several other boards and when I see a thread "go bad" I leave it alone and don't go back. Because 1st off, you can't "win" an internet argument, and 2, what if you did?
Besides, if something starts bugging me, I can't stop thinking about it, and the time frame of internet chat, makes me have to steam for along time. It is just not good for a person to be in anger mode that much.
Some people like to stir things up for fun. Mainly because they can do it without standing in front of another person. I think of it as what is the point? I would rather take in as much information as I can, pass on what I can to help, and stop there.

I really think that its every where ,not just on the net.
People just generally seem stressed out and edgy to me now days.
Someting as simple as a common conversation can get out of hand qickly now.
Bonehead ,i do the same thing when something bothers me ,i cant stop thinking about it .And i dont know why either .It would be so nice to be able to just let things that are said or done just go.I beleive that some people are able to sence that in people like us and exploit it and use it to there advantage.I think thats why there are people try to start trouble in order to fill better about them selves ,like they have something over on the other guy or something like that.
This forum is like sanctuary for laid back people ,It's definitly a great place to fill like you belong!

I haven't been over there dor a while. Several years ago when I signed up they had the intro cops. People with no other purpose than to lambast new guys for not following the rules. It got pretty bad and then they changed some things and it got better for quite a while, now they are kind of back to bashing new guys more and you can't even say ratrod or your post gets axed. I do still like Ryan and appreciate all his efforts. I also have a lot of good friends there but more and more of them are showing up here. I hope they get it straightened out.

They can keep it over there. It seems like some people never get past high school mentality. I been around too long to play those games. So we can keep it from happening here. This is a great site and I am happy I found it.

Rrr

THis site is great, I joined the other ones at the same time, and I check them only once a week this site I check twice a day. Plenty of useful tips and everyone post alot of pictures which is very helpful in deciding what i want to build.

I find that each board has a purpose. if i want good people i go to RRR (now that i found it) or ruffrodders. for the best coverage world wide to find strange parts and facts that only life long car freaks would know i go to the HAMB. southern grease pit has lots of florida folks.
ole skool rodz is great for ??? but i still go there too.

I belong to several forums for knowledge, including the HAMB, for parts and information, oh and for entertainment as well. I get a strange vibe when over at the HAMB, kinda like I would get if I visited some guys garage full of mega high dollar tools, parts and cars, don't touch, be careful where you walk and don't ask any questions that they think are stupid, and one more thing, don't park your crappy rod out front, only the classy need park here. I'm not bashing them, it's just a feeling I have while there, it really is a great site.

I belong to several forums for knowledge, including the HAMB, for parts and information, oh and for entertainment as well. I get a strange vibe when over at the HAMB, kinda like I would get if I visited some guys garage full of mega high dollar tools, parts and cars, don't touch, be careful where you walk and don't ask any questions that they think are stupid, and one more thing, don't park your crappy rod out front, only the classy need park here. I'm not bashing them, it's just a feeling I have while there, it really is a great site.

funny but i feel the same way. when on the HAMB i am very carefull of what i ask and say knowing that someone is going to yell at me for something! i even take extra care on caps and spelling not wanting to get the ruler to the knuckles...But like i said it has its purpose

I was just over to the "other" board & had hitched onto a thread about "people who ride".....off topic - yes. But "community" related - I think so. Although it was just a bunch of hot rod people letting other hot rod people know they were into "other" (God forbid) interests it sure enough ****ed a few folks off.

No it is my understanding that forums in general are started by "like minded" people with similar interest coming together to "share" those interests with other like minded people.....

I take no offense, on the "other" board, when like minded people SHARE thoughts, ideas, problems & most of all additional interests with others. I personally think its healthy. It makes for more expanding forum.

Then again - who am I??

I guess when I stumpled upon this forum I seamed more.........at ease about sharing O/T items that may or may not be in alignment with RAT RODS.

Thanks for accepting me - with all my faults.

Ratty46

Thanks for accepting me - with all my faults.

Ratty46

Well, we did want to talk to you about that little habit you have of stealing all of our women !
:D

Yeah, I think some people take this whole car thing too seriously......it's supposed to be about FUN. At least on here we can laugh at ourselves and with others about a bunch of OT stuff and still never lose sight of it being a car forum. Life is too short to get all uptight about nothing.

Don

I could not agree with you more - FUN is the key.

This is what this "hobby is all about:

Picture1234.jpg

My little guy at 2 yrs. old already diggn' dads 46 cpe.

R46

Last edited:
anyone else notice how cynical and mean people are becoming on that 'other' board many of us frequent? How come? I'm still not getting it - old and confused is my usual excuse, when you said THAT other board I though you meant a specific one , still trying to fig out which one it is . LFE

anyone else notice how cynical and mean people are becoming on that 'other' board many of us frequent? How come? I'm still not getting it - old and confused is my usual excuse, when you said THAT other board I though you meant a specific one , still trying to fig out which one it is . LFE
Its nicknamed after a pig... LOL

I also beleive there needs to keep that element of fun- Being a builer who tries to make a living off this stuff, I probably have to be more serious about how I respond- not to pi** people off , etc but forums are still around to chat about the cars and make friends , not enemies .
I saw a post recently over there where the poor guy was just ripped a new one because he posted something 'not traditional'. Well- SOME day it will be! LOL

I just thinkthere are those out thewre who take all this stuff as gospel- its not- its a bunch of people providing their support and opimnions- and for that I am grateful because its super to be able to have freinds everwhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back