Thats SOOO TUBULAR!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What material will they use for the frame? HRER, DOM or chromoly? Use DOM or better. I have built lots of rock crawlers and roll cages from 1 3/4 tube. HREW bends and dents like a straw. I don't recommend it. Here is a cage on one of my Toyotas.
SAM_0238.jpg

SAM_0242.jpg

Tube and labor or not cheap. There is at least $500 of steel on that cage and I did all the work.

I have decided to go TUBULAR DUDE!![;)

here is a picture of their work, notice the double rail framing Z?

nnc-kk-2.jpg

I think this is going to work out great, these guys have good ideas, willing to work with me, and help resolve any issues I have. They Even offered to just tack stuff together, take it home do a fit check with my body and anything else, bring it back make any changes I want, how can I go wrong? I REALLY like having a local shop to deal with.

I have decided to go TUBULAR DUDE!![;)

here is a picture of their work, notice the double rail framing Z?

nnc-kk-2.jpg

I think this is going to work out great, these guys have good ideas, willing to work with me, and help resolve any issues I have. They Even offered to just tack stuff together, take it home do a fit check with my body and anything else, bring it back make any changes I want, how can I go wrong? I REALLY like having a local shop to deal with.

It will be great!

Regarding having angle grinders with different attachments already on them so you don't have to keep changing from one to the other, after owning ours for about 8 years I just discovered there is a lock button on them so you don't have to use the thin wrenches to hold the shaft still ! :eek:

We have been using those wrenches that you can never find when you need them, and when I was replacing the brushes in the one I said "what is this little button for?" Turns out if you hold it down you can take off the accessory with your hand. :eek: Duh.................:eek::eek:

Don

Regarding having angle grinders with different attachments already on them so you don't have to keep changing from one to the other, after owning ours for about 8 years I just discovered there is a lock button on them so you don't have to use the thin wrenches to hold the shaft still ! :eek:

We have been using those wrenches that you can never find when you need them, and when I was replacing the brushes in the one I said "what is this little button for?" Turns out if you hold it down you can take off the accessory with your hand. :eek: Duh.................:eek::eek:

Don
Another trick I learned, if you put on the disc, spin the nut on and tighten the disc with your hand and not the wrench,,,, you can change out discs by hand, never needing that wrench.

That's true. I felt really dumb when I pushed that button and the shaft locked up. I knew my 7 inch grinder had that feature so why I never looked at the smaller ones to see if they did is odd. But I don't feel too bad, when I told my Son about it he didn't realize it either and he uses them a lot more than me.

I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree after all. :eek:

on

That's true. I felt really dumb when I pushed that button and the shaft locked up. I knew my 7 inch grinder had that feature so why I never looked at the smaller ones to see if they did is odd. But I don't feel too bad, when I told my Son about it he didn't realize it either and he uses them a lot more than me.

I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree after all. :eek:

on
Oh sure. Blame the apple.

Latest posts

Back