The beast

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2muchtorque

In the photos section, under a thread started by Tripper called SPEEDSTERS,, there is a great pic of a 1912 Fiat called the BEAST. I just wanted to share these calculations I worked out just in case you didn't see the thread on Speedsters. This car's engine is 28 Litres and 4 cylinders. I know, what the heck does that mean, well in c.c. its 28,353 c.c. That is a 1,730 cubic inch 4 cylinder. Another way to look at it is each cylinder is 432.54 cubic inches. No I am not making this up. O.K., it has a bore of 190 m.m. and a stroke of 250 m.m. In English thats a bore of 7.48 inches and a stroke of 9.84 inches. A Ford 5.0 Litre or 302 has a bore of 4.00 inches and a stroke of 3.00 inches and 8 cylinders. A 572 BB Chevy has a bore of 4.500 inches and a stroke of 4.500 inches, and of course 8 cylinders. 3- 572 B.B.C. engines would only be 1716 cubic inches with 24 cylinders, thanks for playing along.

I have a John Deere Model D that is 501 CI with just 2 cylinders. 6 3/4" bore and a 7" stroke. The pistons are about the size of a couple of coffee cans.

Nothing runs like a deere

thanks and sounds like that bad boy you have there might have "2 much torque", kinda gives new meaning to the term " stroker " motor, how bout a picture for everyone, at least for us Deere owners.

Latest posts

Back