the building of Sinister

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minister of Sinister

Attachments

• HPIM2477.jpg
    HPIM2477.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 123
Wow... that's really gonna be nice when u're finished with it! [ddd Just kiddin'... I love it!!!

BoB

I really dont like the front alxe I put in, i am looking to replace it, the tires dont stand straight up like they should and I have to toe it in way to much to get it not to do the death wobble. anyone got any ideas to fix the, oh and it shakes alot when i go over 60 mph. I would love to just buy a new complete axle setup from the magizines but can't aford that. so I just stay under 60 lol

Looks like a 32-36 front axle. Is it just the pictures or does your spring eye rest on the axle? Sinister looks cool though. I would start by checking the kingpins. If they are worn it could cause the camber and the wobble issues. You can adjust (by bending) those beam axles to correct camber issues. Truck shops do it all the time.

well I am not sure of the year, no the spring eyes dont rest on the axle, I thought the kingpins were good, but i will pull them apart and see if any wear, it has ford 5x5.5 drums on it I believe it to be econoline drums, I bought the axle as a complete setup than put it on the frame, king pins are 50" from each other and 34" from perch to perch, it would be great if I know the year of it. So you think it maybe 32 to 36 than?
thanks guys

hey i would trade a good pair of matched carter afb 500 cfm for a good set of adjustable rear coil over shocks, from where I live a truck stop that repairs axles would be about a 100 mile trip one way, I guess I should look for one if the kingpins are good i will need to get that kicked in look fixed.

The issue is the Econoline drum and spindles. They have a different king pin angle. You can get away with 48-52 Ford F1 spindles. I have them on my drop axle in the modal T. With those spindle I have about 1/2% Pos. camber right now and finger it may go to 1% pos. camber when all of the weight is on it.

32 -48 Ford axles all have the same king pin angle. Just in 37 they beef up the spindles and used a longer king pin.

53 to 56 I am not sure of the angle but 57 on up f100 and Enoco. spindle have a different angle and push the top of the tire in way to far.

Latest posts

Back