The cheap seats...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the same style boat seat at my local wal-mart for 35 bucks each. thye are what i plan to use due to very little space and have my friends dad recover them with material from mexican blankets.

THe other night my Kid and I were in Northern Tool, buying a new nibbler, and we found some not to shabby seats in the lawn tractor parts aisle. One in particular was black with a track setup mounted under it. Their shelf price tags were a little out of place, but I think that one was about $ 99.00. It actually had some padding and upholstery.

Don

I just stumbled on to this thread. As a result of looking for something that would be era correct as well as small and unique, I started making these seats. They are 20" wide including the knobs with 18" cushions and I can make them wider or narrower. It looks like there's a market for them by the requests of people wanting the order information. I cant sell them for $ 50.00 but I can sell them for the same price upholstered as a set of bare glide frames. And these are adjustable and have spring as well. So far the chicks have been liking them much more that the milk crates. :D These things are super cush...
I was thinking about throwing some acid on the frames to rust them up a bit... Might be a good look, Plans to make covers out of Mexican and Aztec blanket materials as well as some custom logo silk screen cushions covers. Thinking The old ford V8 logo, maybe some pin up girls, 8 ball... etc.

bombidereseats019.jpg

bombidereseats016.jpg

Last edited:
those seats look great. i like the diamond pattern on the upholstery, i may have my friends dad do the diamond pattern in my mexican blanket material and see how it looks.

MAN....!

Those are some sweet looking seats there Metal Twister..!! Man,would LOVE to see some with pin-up girls on them.I would DEFINETLY be interested..!!

Played with rusting up some new seat frames this weekend along with building some tilt forward seat risers for the stock height rides. Building the welding fixtures for those now. Any way these seat frames will have brown Mexican blanket covers soon. I will post up some pics when we get them ready. We've decided to call them "Bengels Rust Bucket Seats"

bombidereseats022.jpg

bombidereseats020.jpg

Last edited:
Those are pretty sharp seats! You did a great job with them. I'm sure you won't have any problem selling them.

Speaking of tractor seats.

Here's a link I've been holding on to for a while. Numbers 2,3, & 5 are probably the most comfortable. Tractor Supply sells the same seats pretty close to these prices. I finally found a source for some nice inexpensive aluminum bomber seats instead so I'm going with those. This other guy beats Speedway's bomber seat prices all to heck!

Here's the tractor seat site.

http://www.ssbtractor.com/page40.html

Latest posts

Back