The Hapster Roadster build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hapster

I bought an uncompleted project last April from the family of the person who started it. It came with a bunch of parts and had lots to redo. It is getting closer to being finished but I thought I would show some of the work I have done. Here are a few pics showing it shortly after we got home. My son was trying it on for size with a hood I had. More posts to follow as I format the pics.

Attachments

• home1.jpg
    home1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 55
  • home2.jpg
    home2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 23
  • home3.jpg
    home3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 22
  • home4.jpg
    home4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I took the body off and replaced the pans. This shows it after I put the trans in. I sure wish I would have remembered to put in the back up light switch.:mad:

Attachments

• pan work1.jpg
    pan work1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 28
  • pan work2.jpg
    pan work2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 18
Well, there is something to be said for the beetle front end. I have thought about the ford hood but i kinda like this look...here are before and after I put the coil overs.

Attachments

• frontbcoil.jpg
    frontbcoil.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 9
  • frontacoil.jpg
    frontacoil.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 9
I also though I might need fenders moving to Wisconsin. These are what I have started with but didn'y like how the edge didn't follow the arc of the tires.

Attachments

• fenderbegin1.jpg
    fenderbegin1.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 10
  • fenderbegin2.jpg
    fenderbegin2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 6
So here is the modification I did last week, I plan on doing the other side tomorrow if I don't get too busy. I still have some finishing to do. I didn't like the arc but now it matches the tire. The other concern is if I will have problems with Wisconsin fender laws. I will get the hobbyist plate as a street rod. I will post more as I get it ready to paint. I have to finish the wiring (turn signals and back up lights) install the fuel gauge, fill holes and complete the area behind the seats.

Attachments

• pic20.jpg
    pic20.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 9
  • pic21.jpg
    pic21.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back