The power of this site!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustrod

Hello to all

Just a quick note and props to the people in this site. two weeks ago I listed some needed parts (backing plates) Well DR Smith replied with a great deal. he had what I needed and then some.
We shot a couple of private msgs. and talked on the phone. Well to tell you what kind of true hot rodder DR Smith is. He Paid out of his own pocket to send me the parts from New York to Oregon and said If the parts are what you need "THEN SEND ME THE MONEY" for parts and shipping. Now thats the honesty and trust that I love about this site.
I got the parts from him today and they are perfect exactly what he said...
So again to all of you who still do your dealings on your word and a hand shake thank you for reminding you are still out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Attachments

• 3-31 003.JPG
    3-31 003.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 24
To throw in with what Rustrod said, I got brake drums at the same time from DR Smith. Same deal, "send me the money if you like them". He sent them right away. As it worked out, the drums weren't right for my needs. That was because of my lack of knowledge, not anything DR did wrong. DR said to just send him the shipping cost. That was NOT AN OPTION, after all the effort and honesty he showed. Who knows, maybe those brake drums will be the catalyst for another project! The way people behave and interact on this site should be an example for all hot rodders.

Same here,

Several months ago I asked Inked Monkey about parts off a trock he had. He boxrd the stuff up and sent it to me with no mention of money at all...

Dude, you ROCK

Tripper also sent me a car stereo amp to put in the truck as well. Never even been out of the original package from the factory. (He told me the "Jolly Ole'Fat Man" left it there for me).....

Triper ROCKS too.....

I gotta buy these guys a cold B**R or 12 one day.:D

Yep, I've scored some good stuff from fellow members on various sites, and usually they are not out to retire on the price they charge, simply want a fellow rodder to make some use of it.

Funny how most of us will never ever meet one another, but have such a strong bond and friendship. :):):):)

Don

Latest posts

Back