The way it was, pics from the past

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppintops

So, my mom is moving, getting older, no longer wants a big house to have to take care of. In order to move to a smaller place she’s getting rid of a lot of stuff, you know how it goes. Well, she sends me these pictures, and tells me I can throw them away once I’m done looking at them (yea right). Supposedly they were taken by my great grandmother and great grandfather (depending on who is in them) in the 20s. My scanner is still packed away, so I had to shoot pics of pics with my digital camera. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 100_0887c.jpg
    100_0887c.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_0888c.jpg
    100_0888c.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_0889c.jpg
    100_0889c.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_0890c.jpg
    100_0890c.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_0891c.jpg
    100_0891c.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_0892c.jpg
    100_0892c.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_0893c.jpg
    100_0893c.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_0894c.jpg
    100_0894c.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 46
days gone by

Great pics!!! Any idea when and where they were taken?

Those were the days. Good or bad is the question.

POPS

Thanks. They all have writting on the back like where/when they were taken. The last one, in pencil reads "Amarillo, Tx. Looking at farm equiptment. 12/4/26"

Those are fantastic. I love looking at old pictures. It seems times were a lot simpler then. But I guess we have always had stress in our lives, just a different kind of stress given that time period. Like the neanderthals worrying about getting eaten, people in the middle ages contracting bubonic plague or burned at the stake for being a witch, late 1800's early 1900's worrying if your crops would fail, today worrying if your internet access will go down and you can't spend time on RRR. You know, crap like that ;)

Those are fantastic. I love looking at old pictures. It seems times were a lot simpler then. But I guess we have always had stress in our lives, just a different kind of stress given that time period. Like the neanderthals worrying about getting eaten, people in the middle ages contracting bubonic plague or burned at the stake for being a witch, late 1800's early 1900's worrying if your crops would fail, today worrying if your internet access will go down and you can't spend time on RRR. You know, crap like that ;)

Stress is a lot more about controlling how it affects you, than the actual things we stress about. The pics were in a time, much like we have been going through as a nation now. Jobs lost, homes lost, wondering where your next meal may come from. :(

Very cool pics, I've got a bunch of them myself. Great they put the information on them.

I was also given old home movies that I need to convert to dvd. There is about 5 minutes of never publicly posted of round dirt track racing, in Washington in the late 40s to early 50s. Including a few crash scenes. One a guy runs into a fence post that was verticle and it goes through the drivers side windshield,,,,,, he survives.

I was also given old home movies that I need to convert to dvd. There is about 5 minutes of never publicly posted of round dirt track racing, in Washington in the late 40s to early 50s. Including a few crash scenes. One a guy runs into a fence post that was verticle and it goes through the drivers side windshield,,,,,, he survives.

Wow, even better! The vintage racing movies are a real find.

Very cool pics, thanks for sharing. I like the one with the odd rock formations - looks like something my dad would take us to see.

I'm always amazed to see old pics like those. My Grandpa on my Dad's side never owned a car, he died in 1976. Always depended on friends when he needed a ride, or a horse and buggy when he was younger. Don't know anything about his family before him.

I've seen pics of my Grandpa on my mothers side from the 1940's with him standing beside a 46-47 Chevy truck. He was a farmer, and always had a Chevy pickup until he died in 1958. His last one was a 1953 model. After his death, Grandma traded it in on a 55 Chevy 4 door.

Latest posts

Back