thinking about bags

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

51 custom

I want to bag my girl dont no too much about them. what do you guys think
51 ford custom 2 door. thinking front and rear?

Why not!?!

Why not... I just am afraid of ides that try to get too low. If u're ever out somewhere & they malfunction... u're in big trouble & I've seen it happen.

BoB

well....when an air bag is properly installed they have no problems,excellent ride,and great handleing.ALWAYS check for clearence and NEVER skimp on fittings!!!. my truck has been bagged now for about 5 years and is a daily driver.....DAILY....winter,spring,summer and fall.no problems to speek of.iv been designing and installing air rides now for many years with nothing but happy customers.....51 custom,if you need any advice(we have a lot of great knowledgeable people here as well) just give me a call.
Pete @ Psycho Kusoms

Dig in and go for it. Sounds like Tripper is suggesting that if your going to drop it to the ground, treat it like a brake system and don't cheat it - make sure it's right all the way through.

I say go for it... Like dude said, if you do it properly, things won't go wrong... And buy quality stuff... If you need help finding sites to get stuff I got you covered down to the air line...

do you think i should do air springs or 4 link system in the rear this is my car

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0101.JPG
    DSCF0101.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 13
Either way you're gonna have to run a 4 link or 3 link or 6 link or a 2 link with a panhard bar or reverse 4 link, cantilever setup, 2 forward 2 reverse setup.... Theres 101 different ways to run a link setup... My FAVORITE, is a 4 link w/ the bags placed on the lower link bars... I HIGHLY recommend Slam Specialties bags... For a car like that, you could probably get away with running an re-7 or re-8 depending on how much lift you want.

Why not... I just am afraid of ides that try to get too low. If u're ever out somewhere & they malfunction... u're in big trouble & I've seen it happen.

BoB

i have seen it too. Lickly no one or old tin was hurt when the bag calapst going 70mph down highway 101 but the mini truck was totaled. but that being said im gonna bag my car to when i get it...

Now you guys have me thinking about some kind of fail-safe to block extended travel when wanted. I really don't want to drop my front end into the pavement at 70 mph. It's a long ways off in my build, but I'll prolly give it some thought when my brain is idle.

bags

orange crush is bagged in the rear, and i also ran air shocks as a back up, my onboard compressor has a fitting to connect and airhose to it (for flats or to add air to the airshocks should something happen) the only thing i am going to carry also is one of those cheap tire inflaters you plug into your lighter incase compressor fails. dp1

I really don't want to drop my front end into the pavement at 70 mph.

WHAAAAAAAAT!?! Repeat that one more time?!

Let the air go and the sparks flow, brother!

I'll have the front of my truck done (depending on what I get for xmas) in January... look for a thread on that...

how to lower it for now

ok i will do it up but i have to wait untill i get a little cash or rob a bank.
what can i do for now untill i can do the bags any ideas a buddy said to do lowering blocks cheap and safe do the trick for the quick low for now not a good long term move. ok what about the front?

Weeeeell you could hack the coils... I'm not familiar with what suspension that has in the rear... Leaf spring?

*hides stash of air ride parts*

Latest posts

Back