Thinking about putting an engine together tomorrow.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonMan

I`ve got a bare 350 block sitting on a stand. I`ve got all the parts needed to assemble it. I`m thinking of getting up in the morning and putting it together.
Trouble is ---- there`s so many other things I`d rather do ... like drink beer and watch football. :rolleyes:

I know I'll be working on the hot rods in the shop tomorrow. There's nothing on tv that is important enough to interfere with shop time around here. Get out there and assemble the 350........then have a cold one and watch tv.:D

Yep, that's where I'll be too. At last the weather is cooling off enough to actually go to the shop in daylight. I feel like Dracula sometimes ! :D:D

Besides, them 350's practically build themselves. :rolleyes:

Don

At least you guys will be in the shop. I'm gonna be out in the woods digging up more rusted pieces of metal..................I couldn't be happier!!!!!:D:D

I'll be building someone else's car today mine always gets pushed aside when there is money involved. But the good news is I should have this car done in the next day or so and I'll have enough money to buy my quarters for my roadrunner

Mmmmmmm, don't drink, not into spectator sports, cars are running, no room for a new project, guess I'll go to Cruising for a Cure Saturday, then Johnny Carson Park Sunday. Maybe Jay Leno will show up.

California. Gotta love it. LOL

Crusin'!!!

Mmmmmmm, don't drink, not into spectator sports, cars are running, no room for a new project, guess I'll go to Cruising for a Cure Saturday, then Johnny Carson Park Sunday. Maybe Jay Leno will show up.

California. Gotta love it. LOL

Gasser,
Me too. Gonna work in da shop but also gonna cruise & go to our big Sat nite car show 2nite!!! Our weather here is awesome right now so crusin' 2day is a must do!!!

BoB

Well, I got out of the house by 8 am, drove to the shop, cleaned up the block, honed the cylinders, then remembered something I was supposed to get at the junkyard today. Drove 15 miles to junkyard, got my part, ran a couple errands, went back to shop, cleaned up part from junkyard, put on part from junkyard, had a couple different guys stop by shop, bs`d for a while, decided to finish up a small project on the `69 truck. Wife called, said we needed to go to Dallas. Went home, took a shower, now I`m waiting on the wife to finish getting ready .... :rolleyes:

Guess I`ll build the engine next week. At least I got to work in the shop today ... ;)

spent today welding on my grille and fitting it to the peak on the track nose, not quite there yet, but looking pretty good...

See, I did at least get the cylinders honed :

Attachments

• 69 pickup001.JPG
    69 pickup001.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 9
Seat time!

I had really good intentions too... cleaned up my shop a little but the weather here was so beautiful I decided to put in some seat time & put about 6 or 7 hours driving the old Daytripper around yesterday & today... got some much needed sun too!

BoB

Saturday got rained out for the "Cruising for the Cure". Became a couch potato and watched the rain. (We have a drought here). Got up Sunday, drove the Gasser down to Johnny Carsons Park in Burbank to watch the cars roll in. Had their pancake breakfast and cruised through Hollywood on the way home.

Jeez, the streets there are so bad, I hopped on the freeway the rest of the way home.

I had a pretty good week,(been on vacation) took the Jag ifs off the frame, got the front of the frame boxed, got the rear of the frame boxed. Motor mounts and tranny cross should be here by the middle of the week. Rear Jag cross I ordered should be here soon was mailed on Friday. Like to get it all on the frame by next weekend. Got the Jag Irs ready to put in. One more week of vacation left.(Self-employed just took off) Hope to have a rolling chassis very soon. :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back