This is kinda cool

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always liked those early Chevy Vans. :cool:
There used to be one sitting under a pine tree in my little town that I and others tried to buy until the elderly lady finally stopped answering her door. It was a '67 with just over 600 miles on it! Her son had bought it new in Chicago and drove it to her house (600 miles) and parked it under the pine tree in her yard. The son died unexpectedly that weekend and she never moved the van! It was nearly under water in the 1985 flood and a friend of mine bought it at her estate sale a few years later. The engine and running gear was trash of course but the rest of it was perfect for the most part except for a few weird rusty places where pine needles had collected.

I love the old window vans... I would really have a hard time not buying a good deal locally. Corvairs on the other hand are unwanted here, always go WAY cheaper than you would expect here in Michigan.

I built a 66 Chevy for my 3rd wife. Put a nice built 250-6 and a t350 in it. She rocked it for a while and when she traded it on a Camaro, I shoulda known she'd be trading me in sooner or later too! 20/20 hindsight...lol!

Latest posts

Back