This is why people hate rats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnglishBob

Some real 'skill' here.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 542
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 392
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 460
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 469
thats awful.. honestly one of the worst i have seen.. and i have seen some pretty sketchy stuff

The amount of weld on that steering arm blows my mind

It's hard to imagine someone putting themselves in a car like that - let alone their family. If more guys thought about building that way, we'd see a LOT less of this. This is definitely one of those times, I wish stupidity actually hurt.

What is actually salvageable?

Bruce

Your heading nails it exactly. Most critics wouldn't care much if a body were a little rusty or the interior was shabby, what they really object to is this sort of crap..........no wait, crap is too good of a word for that POS.

We all started somewhere in this hobby and made lots of mistakes, but most of us were smart enough to research magazines and on line to try to find the right way to do something. The idiot who put that one together had no welding or fabrication skills whatsoever, and seemed to think he could redesign the wheel with no regard for proper engineering methods.

Very, very sad. It gives us all a black eye and even worse, it gives the people in power reasons to look for ways to ban us all. :(:(

Don

That is a rat TRAP not a rat rod. :mad: Around here, if it is a flat color,most people call it a ratrod no matter what year it is.
Tim

More like a DEATH Trap! Totally clueless builder. Did it ever actually have a motor in it? Hope it never actually moved on its own. WOW!

I woulda put a tarp over it so no one would see it on my trailer! WOW!!

WOW!

Even us'n Tennessee Hillbillies [S know better than that engineering !!! Right,,, Timbo & Tired Iron !!! :D

english bob was that in calgary thats the worst albertan hack job ive seen lol red deer has a few bad wrecks running around tho..

Latest posts

Back