This kinda made me laugh...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

...and laugh... and laugh.

I pre registered my truck in the Oreilly's show here this weekend. We are expecting bad weather tomorrow so a lot of people are taking their rods up tonight. I took mine up there. The guy lets me through to get inside. I'm hanging out talking to a couple of my buddies waiting to find out where I need to park. The guy (Mickey Smith, put the show together) finally comes over to me and tells me he can't find my registration and that he didn't want my "type" of car there.......... but since I was already there (and I bet $ there's a horrible turn out from the weather) I could park over in the corner by the wall. I completely understand this is MOSTLY a high dollar show but there were rat rods there last year so I figured what the hell. Plus it my first show to take my first project to ever.

This just really made me happy to know that I built a TRUE Rat Rod and that already my "type" of car isn't wanted.

The main reason I didn't just take it home is I do pinstriping at this show usually and this year I'm just going to sneak my kit in with my truck instead of footing the $200 for a vendor booth for cars that mostly don't need any pinstriping. There are going to be 6 other pinstripers there from the New England area (I know a couple of them), and this is the first time there will be other pinstripers so I'm probably not going to get much business anyway.

Well, I just thought I'd share my story. Fun first car show memory![ddd

... couple of pics for fun. I'll get more of the spectators surrounding my truck at the show... bwahahahahahaha!
Photo041.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

hahaha nice! do you get flames when you let off the gas ever? i used to have my pipes just like that and everytime id slow down from like 30mph id get huge flames even with the glass packs

pretty neat story, i just love the elitist attitudes of some car people......:rolleyes:

i don't neccesarily like every type of vehicle, or even every rat for that matter, but i try to respect every vehicle--especially if it is an owner's own work....

be sure to share a few pics of that show--i didn't know of one goin on anywhere this time of year

congrats on being one of THOSE guys;)[cl[cl[cl

I looked at my wife after he said that and I said hmmmmm... I guess one of the requirements of entering a vehicle is you couldn't have built it yourself... because pretty much no one there did.

hahaha nice! do you get flames when you let off the gas ever? i used to have my pipes just like that and everytime id slow down from like 30mph id get huge flames even with the glass packs

I haven't seen them, but I've heard them a couple of times. I don't think they ever made it all the way out of the pipes though... yet. Is there a way to make them do that, other than real flame throwers, cause that would be cool (if I could control it). I got burned a couple of years ago pretty bad so fire still makes me a little nervous sometimes. I'll get over it though.

If you have any striping to do on your own truck, this might be a good time to do it. Your inside, and you can show off your talent. Might pick up a few jobs down the road and beat them at their own game.[ddev

yeah, what he ^^^ said.

Do you have to park where they tell you to, or else? Id park right in the dead center and just smile as all the paintrods leave you plenty of room to move around in, lol.

I'll bet more people looked at your Truck than most of the others! I love it when that happens. Bonehead is right about doing your own Truck first. You can definately beat them at their own game! [ddev CR

That's funny... our Autorama was the same way until they let a few rats in about 4 years ago & now the rat rod section is the *biggest* section at the whole show! Although the mega$$$ car owners hate 'um... the people that come to the shows love 'um! And really... what's not to like about 'um!?!?:D:D:D

BoB

Your right , the atlanta world of wheels is going to have a section sponsored by ol skool rods at the end of january . Love us or hate us we're here !!

Like I said, there were rats last year so what's the deal this year? Oh well, I'm in so I'm not complaining. I actually talked to a few guys yesterday who said they knew the other stripers were coming and preferred to have me do some work. So it looks like I might be busy after all.

I really never thought about entering a class... I thought the point of a car show is to let people get together and show their rides. Who cares about awards. A bad ass hot/rat rod I can drive that I built myself is enough an award for me.

sweet

**** on him, your truck if perfect, but you need to strip the skate boards on the tail gate, thats a great idea by the way, i have never seen anything like that, and that is what it is all about.

Pablo

ratrods rule

i always love the old street rods ,,, but ratrods has to be my calling, if they checked our brains they would all look the same!!! in 2009 we went to crusin the coast , Dennis Gauge From my classic car did two takes an interviews with me an my 29 truck [ratrod ] it was all good mindyou im not a good actor!!!!!! LOL the guy with the 69 camaro on the side of me said a few choice words an left [P HA !!!!!!

Attachments

• CTC_2008_2010_jpg.jpg
    CTC_2008_2010_jpg.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC01801.jpg
    DSC01801.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 34
I had the same experience a couple years ago. Never entered an indoor show before. They decided to let a few of us in. Even though we were placed in the corridor, there was lots of intrest among the spectators.

daddy crab, that is one nasty rod!

Alright, so the show sucked. There weren't that many cars there. They stuck me in the corner, and they wouldn't allow me to do ANY pinstriping except on my own vehicle because of some contract with the other pinstripers. That's all fine and well but the show coordinator went to my customer (who I was setting up to pinstripe his gorgeous 33 Ford) and told him that I was not allowed to stripe his car instead of coming to me first. The owner of the car was livid and said he will not be coming back to the show next year if this is how they treat people. Instead he's going to have me stripe his car next weekend.

Any way, I just wanted to rant a minute. I did light em up a little when I left going past the event coordinator... that was fun.

Alright, so the show sucked. There weren't that many cars there. They stuck me in the corner, and they wouldn't allow me to do ANY pinstriping except on my own vehicle because of some contract with the other pinstripers. That's all fine and well but the show coordinator went to my customer (who I was setting up to pinstripe his gorgeous 33 Ford) and told him that I was not allowed to stripe his car instead of coming to me first. The owner of the car was livid and said he will not be coming back to the show next year if this is how they treat people. Instead he's going to have me stripe his car next weekend.

Any way, I just wanted to rant a minute. I did light em up a little when I left going past the event coordinator... that was fun.

Ya Joke em if they can't take a Truck

Latest posts

Back