This Site

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordFanatic

This site is great ! I've spent a lot of time on a site supposedly dedicated to traditional hot rods and I'm turned off by much of what goes on there. I think rat rods are really cool and get a bad rap by some. I have been a practicing mechanical engineer for over 30 years now and have seen a lot of engineering designs. The design and creativity on some of the builds here is simply outstanding. I'm hooked !

I love traditional rods...... and rat rods, and hot rods, and street rods, and classics, and monster trucks, and jeeps, and well you get the idea. There are tons of great sites out there and the traditional site is a really good site. Plenty of information there.
And yes, the rat rod crowd is open minded , and very creative.

I too have attempted to join other sites. They suck. I love it here at RRR!!! Everyone is open minded and not afraid to help no matter what the project!!!

I tried to join the pork site, I still have a username, but I have to be very board to get on it. I bet it's been at least a year now. There's a lot of knowledge there but theirs also a lot of jerks who ruin it.

Here most everyone has been very relaxed and almost all cars are welcomed. It's a good place to hang out!

confused

The best part of this forum is "Free Beer Wednesdays". :D:D

Don

hey don, l thought it was beer free wednesday[S

still, they have a few threads l subscribe to , street legal race cars and vintage dirt cars, other than that l don't go to the hamb much,,

just remember, we are truthful here,,,just no bashing other sites,,,,we are better people than that,,it's there site and they just run it different.

Later:cool:

Yea, I post on here. Post on the H.A.M.B. prepare to get judged. I still troll the site, but try not to post.

Yea, I post on here. Post on the H.A.M.B. prepare to get judged. I still troll the site, but try not to post.

The HAMB is a great place. There are a bunch of very talented builders over ther that are willing to share techniques and ideas. I've learned lots just by surfing that site.

As to whether you catch hell or not, it is all how you present yourself. Neither of my projects are "traditional" or high dollar.

Roofus is posted over there. It is a home built car being crafted out of junk. Right now the thread has over 750 posts in it (lots of helpful advise from HAMB'ers) and has been viewed over 139,000 times.

My rusty flatbed with billet 20's build thread has been on that site for 5 years and has been viewed over 25,000 times.

It is all how you present yourself. Same goes for over here. Jerks don't last. Interesting people with something to share (projects, ideas, good convrsation) become regulars.

I've had a good time being on this site too.
You can actually screw up here, find out from others you did and still survive to post another day :D

I've had a good time being on this site too.
You can actually screw up here, find out from others you did and still survive to post another day :D

Just don't try to sell shoes and handbags here! [ddd
Be nice and get along, RRR Mod would say.
Great guys and gals here, with some great ideas.
Have fun and welcome!

Latest posts

Back