thoughts on headers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m2g4b

hey there.....wondering if i get some thoughts on these headers......right now (as you can see) it has typical roadster headers with some extensions....i dont like it, lol...

i want to do something different (garage style, not bought, yet) looking for some thoughts on these...

i was thinking of cutting the extension off and adding a short turnout, or cut them off before the collector and have 4 seperate pipes, i could bind them together or tack them....or just cut the crazy things off close to the heads and have a muffler shop add something else to them...

any suggestions, pictures, phot shops, etc....thanks in advance

IMG_9627.jpg

Those headers you have actually look pretty good IMO, but if you want something different, how about lakes headers, either capped and run through mufflers or uncapped with just baffles?

Here are the ones on my 27.

my27slicksmounted001.jpg

Don

I would probably cut them just at the front edge of the door, and put turn outs on them!! O Rielly AP sells turnouts pretty cheap around here!!

I like the big tube sprint car headers.

How much room do you have between the tires and the body?

Any chance of sneaking a pipe through there and run the pipes to the back of the car? (maybe do an inward zig-zag at front of the turtle deck)

Here's a few that I used...

Attachments

• ratrod 36 chevy 024.jpg
    ratrod 36 chevy 024.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 43
  • ratrod 37 chev 001.jpg
    ratrod 37 chev 001.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 46
  • CIMG0296.JPG
    CIMG0296.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 42
  • CIMG0302.JPG
    CIMG0302.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 44
thanks for all the replies and ideas people...got some good direction....i appreciate it greatly!!!

I'm not sure what to suggest but those do have that T bucket look and you need something different on that sweet roadster. I like Dons style but I'd buy the kit and weld them up so they were closer to the ground. or more slanted down I guess.

Latest posts

Back