Thoughts on how to paint my 46 ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmecord

So I have been messing with the 46 truck,(not enough to make my build thread) I am debating on a red frame with a black body,or a black frame with a red body.....It seems every thing on the road today is flat black with a red frame,or red wheels and I am not a follower by nature,BUT to me there is a reason for the typical combo-----It looks Bad @$$ ! What do you guys think ? Keep in mind I wanna appeal to a broad market because upon completion this one is going up for sale.

Attachments

• randomness 006.jpg
    randomness 006.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 54
Its your ride, you should paint it to suit yourself....and yes, flat black with red wheels does look good!:D

If I were gunna keep it I would paint it to suite me,but its up for sale as soon as its running so I wanna appeal to the massed so to speak

Don't worry about the 'masses'. Just as many people think black and red is overdone. You could do gray instead. That way it doesn't look like your trying too hard.

Black and red are fine (although flat black is the new Porsche Guards Red from the 80's and 90's) but I would do the wheels in a darker red instead of a bright red. Also, a new owner can change the wheel color fairly easy if it doesn't fit their taste.

To start with I don't think thats a 46 Ford cab, unless someone has messed with the cowl! But as to paint I agree with the others, do what you like!!

To start with I don't think thats a 46 Ford cab, unless someone has messed with the cowl! But as to paint I agree with the others, do what you like!!

That someone is yours truly ! I wanted a fenderless truck,and to me they look unfinished the way the cowl is with no fenders...so I smoothed it all out !

Just do what you want. Im considering leaving half of my 56 Buick the old seafoam green and half flat black... Do what you can afford, do what feels right for you!

Here is my 2 cents I would do a black frame and do the cab and fenders red with black stripes or scalops and then on the rims do them black with red pin stripe my buddy did a pan head bobber and it look's bad ass.

Latest posts

Back