Three dimensions?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleDonnie

If you were driving at the speed of light and turned on your headlights would they work?

My belief is the light would be trapped in the headlight bucket as it would have to accelerate faster than the speed of light to project in front of you.

Don

I'm thinking if you are in a vessel that can travel that fast, your guidance systems would be based on things other than lights... hmmm?

If you could go that fast would you really care about if you could see or not? Your eyes would be puddy in the back of your head anyway....

If you could go that fast would you really care about if you could see or not? Your eyes would be puddy in the back of your head anyway....

Would they? Once you have reached a speed and maintain it now you are traveling that fast as well. Kind of like when you first accelerate off the line and feel the effects, but once you stop gaining speed and level off you no longer feel the g-force - am I thinking right here? [S

This is giving me a headache.

Well I guess if you were at a slow steady constant speed of acceleration maybe you would be OK, if you took 10 years to get to that speed. But where is the sport in that??? I want to feel the acceleration!!!!

3219132945_7f795227a6.jpg

If you were driving at the speed of light and turned on your headlights would they work?

My belief is the light would be trapped in the headlight bucket as it would have to accelerate faster than the speed of light to project in front of you.

Don

Do you know something that we don't , I mean when is it that you are going to need this info by ? Seeing as how I - who know nothing about the speed of light or black holes or parallel universes - actually wired up my rat rod , my concern is , will my headlights even come on when I flip that switch .

Turn the lights on 10 minutes before departure. When you reach light speed, you can shut them off, leaving 10 minutes to decelerate. Commonly known as "The El Camino Effect."

Don

Yes they would but your radio wouldn't...or you would recieve Jack Benny

Don

Or if you went faster than the speed of light, they would be shining behind you.

My understanding is at the speed of light you have height and width but no depth. So you can see me coming and going but when I blow by you I am not detectable. Better get on the NAWZ if you don't want to see nothing but tail lights.

Don

Last edited:
Do you know something that we don't , I mean when is it that you are going to need this info by ? Seeing as how I - who know nothing about the speed of light or black holes or parallel universes - actually wired up my rat rod , my concern is , will my headlights even come on when I flip that switch .

Thats kinda what Im thinkin'. Will power/current even make it to the headlights?[S

Latest posts

Back