Time To Start Another (48 FORD)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grill Shell 101

I need a grill shell and I don't have one
however I do have a heavy duty roll-around
tool box of somesort
Im sure there's a grill shell in there somewhere

lll.jpg

lookin good man!! hey i am leaving going to texas for a week,, i think i got me a truck get ya to help me go get it1 if it goes thru, finally picked up some work the last 2 weeks, but soon as i get back i will hollar at ya! oh by the way , i had my phone cut off till i get back,, going to find me a new contract,, if ya call me ,, call this number 205 274 2038,, that my home! see ya RTD

Good looking build!! I like what you've done with it. The stance is perfect even without a chop. I don't want to chop my 51 either. I also like the fact that you altered the dash to a one piece flat panel. I'm also thinking about something similar for my truck.

T1

This is a great build! I love the wood work on the inside! I can't wait to see how you blend the channel in the back into the floor.

Way to go on making your own grill--it's always best to do it yourself. :)

What did you put on the metal for an overnight rusting? I've heard hydrogen peroxide... :confused:

found some massive headlights at the Redneck Rumble
the swap meet was awsome

SANY0441.jpg

SANY0442.jpg

check out the fuzzy tire
this happened in the shop
the tire just started coming apart

Well its a new build season and i thought I was gonna get started on the 48.
Then I started to notice a sad looking truck staring at me on my way to and from work.
So i had to give it a good home . The windsheild had 750 and runs wrote on it. After talking with the owner , 500 bought the truck and 45 got it delivered.

b8.jpg

Last edited:
So now i have a running 292 and a 4 speed and an old cab in pretty good condition, you know heat , glass . and a tank behind the seat. Not to mention a 48 cab sitting on a frame that kinda looks to beefy . So lets put them together and see what happens.....

step 1 ( build and then ) set up A-frame

b2.jpg

step 2 hook up cab and remove

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

step 3 undo whats already been done

b5.jpg

step 4 cab swap and this is what I have so far

b7.jpg

Wow, I really liked what you were doing with the 48! Started getting ideas for the 49 I just bartered for. Then you go and change it all up on me. Lookin good though!

Well frountend is on and motor is in.
Now its time to take it all apart and start cleaning the motor.
Yaaaa lets get greezy

downsized_05110014421.jpg

ya know,,,,,,some guys boast about lowering there truck 3 or 4 inches one way or another,,,but this one dropped 18 ;)

Well frountend is on and motor is in.
Now its time to take it all apart and start cleaning the motor.
Yaaaa lets get greezy

downsized_05110014421.jpg

ya know,,,,,,some guys boast about lowering there truck 3 or 4 inches one way or another,,,but this one dropped 18 ;)

lookin good man i like it!!!!

Latest posts

Back