Tire diameter ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cranny

Due to lack of funds for wheels and tires my build is at a stand still. To keep things going i'd like to make some plywood wheels the same diameter as my tires i'll be running so i can set my rearend and keep things moving untill i get more money.

I was wondering if anyone knew the tire diameter for 820x15's for the rear and 560x15 for the fronts. I tried a search and couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated..

I know the 5.60's are 25 inches tall, that is what I am running on both of my cars. I have L78 x 15's on the back, which I think are similar to 8.20's, and they are 29.5 tall.

That should get you close enough for Government work. :)

Don

Do you know what brand of tire you are going to use? They vary a little bit from manufacturer to manufacturer. Coker and Diamondback list the tire dimensions on their websites. I'll look them up for you if you post the tire brand you are looking at.

I know the 5.60's are 25 inches tall, that is what I am running on both of my cars. I have L78 x 15's on the back, which I think are similar to 8.20's, and they are 29.5 tall.

Don

wow that was quick!! thanks so much!

Do you know what brand of tire you are going to use? They vary a little bit from manufacturer to manufacturer. Coker and Diamondback list the tire dimensions on their websites. I'll look them up for you if you post the tire brand you are looking at.

i'm planning on going with the firestones from coker. Never thought of looking on there site! duh!! I'll check the website out for the dimensions.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Don

Don, I'm so glad you mentioned the L78x15's!! comparing the prices with the firestone 820x15's i can save $80 per tire!! I'll be going that route for sure.

You're welcome. Here is a picture of both tires if this helps. Fronts are US Royals rears are Coker Classics.

Don

new27tiresmounted004.jpg

And this one might give you an idea of the proportions of the two sizes:

27pictures003.jpg

You're welcome. Here is a picture of both tires if this helps. Fronts are US Royals rears are Coker Classics.

Don

new27tiresmounted004.jpg

perfect!! just the look i'm going for.. Now i need to set up a poll. should i go with black steelies or chrome steelies??? going on this.

Attachments

• body on frame.jpg
    body on frame.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 12
You can never go wrong with chrome wheels on anything, IMO. The only reason I stay away from them is that they require a bit of care to keep them from rusting, and I like stuff I don't have to fuss with.

But I love the look of chrome wheels.

Don

Are you talking about your Dodge sedan ? If so, I think they would look great. I always like the big and little tire look on a hot rod, makes it look like it is moving standing still, and gives some rubber rake to it.

Don

tire size claculator

This is a tire size calculator that I have used alot, might even make a good sticky

it allows you to play with different sizes and will give you all the dimentions that you need. will allow any rim size with any tire size and will give to total width and heighth. it also gives you a side view and a end view. just click the button to change

IT a great tool for setting up

I too will be making plywood wheels tires and rims will be my last item

tire size calculator

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Last edited:
Are you talking about your Dodge sedan ? If so, I think they would look great. I always like the big and little tire look on a hot rod, makes it look like it is moving standing still, and gives some rubber rake to it.

Don

Yes the Dodge, and thanks for your opinon. My first build and i want the classic hot rod look.

This is a tire size calculator that I have used alot, might even make a good sticky

it allows you to play with different sizes and will give you all the dimentions that you need. will allow any rim size with any tire size and will give to total width and heighth. it also gives you a side view and a end view. just click the button to change

IT a great tool for setting up

I too will be making plywood wheels tires and rims will be my last item

tire size calculator

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Thanks martyf,

Cool site and should help out alot.

Latest posts

Back