TiredIronGRB's '39 Ford Tudor Sedan (Standard)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a radiator that fits...hope it cools, it's a 4 core that's 14.5"x24".

39_Ford_101.jpg

Made a mount that fits the bottom tank with room for some cut up radiator hose cushions.

39_Ford_103.jpg

39_Ford_104.jpg

I like the polished tank.

39_Ford_108.jpg

Got some black leather seats from a Mercury Montego, I gutted the electronics and re-wired them for 4-way control.

39_Ford_113.jpg

Now to mount the fuel cell and close in the trunk area.

39_Ford_116.jpg

39_Ford_119.jpg

39_Ford_126.jpg

those seats are sure going to make for a nice comfy ride.. everything is looking great...

whats the radiator from? I think i am going to have issues finding one for my set up.. glad to see you got yours worked out

man.. u and a few other guys on here amaze me with how quickly you guys turn out really top notch work

Stuck the headlights in and started putting together a wiring harness.

39_Ford_137.jpg

I always use wiring and heatswrink from late eighties Volvos because none of it is tape wrapped and the connectors are easy to get apart and reuse. While stipping the wiring from an '89 model I noticed it had a nice trunk latch and popper so I grabbed it as well. Just had to make a base to mount it on.

39_Ford_139.jpg

39_Ford_140.jpg

I still have a little rust to patch along the edge but the latch mounted solid to the lid.

39_Ford_141.jpg

39_Ford_143.jpg

The sun actually came out and it was in the 60s this weekend so I rolled out the '39 and cleaned out the garage in preparation of pulling the body back off. Once I get the body on my dolly I'll pull it outside and start DA-ing the paint off. I've got to get busy and finish this thing by Cruzin time (end of March).

39_Ford_151.jpg

Used a '53 Chevy tail light (just one), I cut the sockets out and re-worked it to have turn lights in the ends and the tail/brake light in the middle.

39_Ford_159.jpg

39_Ford_161.jpg

I also made a trunk release trigger that comes out through the tail light housing.

39_Ford_163.jpg

39_Ford_165.jpg

39_Ford_164.jpg

Latest posts

Back