Title Problem ? HELP

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUSTY50F1

@$$Fault Junkie
I had a friend file a labor lien to get the title for my truck. It's been 4 months, the lady says there is a problem with the VIN#. The only #'s on my truck are on the tag on the firewall. That are stamped on the top of the tag.? is is that the VIN# for the truck? There are no #'s on the frame. I looked before and after I wire brushed all the paint and rust off. And painted it. Can I take the tag off the firewall and take it to her so she call see that the #'s are there or is it against the law to remove it. I heard it was. But wondered how people put new firewall in if they don't remove the tag. Thanks:confused::confused:

take a piece of paper and turn a pencil on its side. put the paper over the tag and rub from side to side and then ya dont have to take the vin plate off and they can get the # from that. The numbers should show through it like when ya did that as a kid over stuff with the pencil and paper trick

Jim

Or use your digital camera to take a good closeup shot. It is not unusual for the numbers on an old car to not come up or match anything. When I was titling my '39 Dodge it came up to some other car in like Kansas or something, but the girl said that wasn't it, so she took care of it for me.

The DMV is so used to dealing with modern stuff that sometimes they don't realize record keeping wasn't so swift 70 years ago.

Don

My vin on the 64 showed up as not existing so Broadway title took that as being clear. A couple months later and I had a brand new title in my hands.:D

Latest posts

Back