Title Problems Help!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WRENROD

building a speedway kit car 1927 ford roadster.. almost done.come to find out we have to title it as a 2008. thats not the problem. the problem is that i live in an emissions county (houston area). i have talked to many buddys and people at the dmv and they all tell me that if it is titled as a 2008 it has to have the data port to hook up for emissions testing..that just BS if ya ask me...mine is carburated and in no way electronicly controlled...in short i need a 1927 for roadster title...where could i find one??
thnx guys

Check with some of the used car lots around you. Some of them more than likely use a title company to straighten out or aquire atitle for out of state cars.

Heck... that is the least of your problems... Registering it as a 2008 you also need up to date safety specs as well, ie. airbags:eek: Emissions all that crap...

Who told you that you needed to register it as a 2008? Buy a title from someone onthe HAMB it will save you in the long run. OR read up on your local DMV website regarding replica or hobbyist cars.

Where are you located?

Here in NC you register it as a 2008, but as a homebuilt car..
and don't have to pass the same safety and emissions standards
(the DMV will inspect your car for safety before issuing you a VIN)

All new (from scratch) builds anywhere in the US are supposed to be registered as the year of completion..

Found mine on Ford Barn....$200, cheap at twice the price. Check with local DMV on east coast states. Here in Minnesota, they don't recognize them as lagit.

i'm located in Clute,TX 55 miles south of Houston.
i will ask about the home built car..boy the DMV is goona hate me after all this...lol

thnx for the help guys.

Latest posts

Back