to chop or not that is the question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratchet041

started a new thread just for this topic on the truck. i will still post the build progress on the other thread. okay guys cant make up my mind chop it or not i will let you guys decide. i have been tossing the idea around since October. i cant make up my mind one day im gonna the next im not. so you guys get to make my mind up for me help me fellas ya or nay. thanks for the input on my build and the comments i appreciate everybody on this forums input, advice and help. thanks wayne

Attachments

• IMG_20110409_181652.jpg
    IMG_20110409_181652.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20110416_112607.jpg
    IMG_20110416_112607.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 112
oh ya forgot im tallying up the votes sunday night or monday mourning and the decision will be final. i will go by the decision of the forum thanks guys.

chop?

I agree that a chop will always look good, if you are going to channel the floor and sit the body lower on the frame, your headroom go's away fast. channeled floor and chopped top make the inside real tight, it will look cool but after all the work you want to be able to drive it. CHOP IT (hot rat traditional resto) what ever you want to call it ROD, there not made to be comfortable. :D

I vote NO on the chop, but if you decide to it will look great that way too.
I really would like to see you leave it short with no chop, but I guess you;ve decided against that!! Do it the way you want thats what it's all about!!

heres a quik ms paint chop

Nah, that's no good at all [ddd...........needs to go down at least another 3 inches :D

CHOP IT !

This is just my taste but if you chop it, chop the back glass too.........let it be a "mail slot". I know lots of folks leave a big back glass for better vision but if you do like I did and figure out your seat height you can have the "mail slot" window and move it to wherever it needs to be. My rear view mirror will work out good too.

lookingoutbackLarge.jpg

Oh, did I remember to say CHOP IT ? :D
Those five window cabs look cool chopped too!

chop

as far as the rear window thing look where yur goin not where ya been! i vote chop ,,,,or you could biuld it drive it without the chop let all your buddies get use to seeing it then chop it the next year and itll be like a whole new ride[cl

It looks like the bottom of the doors and cab have been cut off?...(poor-boy section)...I would probably chop it a couple inches to bring the roof back into proportion with the cab...

I say chop it if you can fit in it. Also, you'll need to decide what to do with that curved corner glass.

You knew the answer before you asked on RRR!

curved corner glass

Sam_Fear--''you'll need to decide what to do with that curved corner glass.''

sam, his cab is just like on mine, when l was thinking about chopping mine, l discovered that if l cut it just under the back and side windows around to the door jambs that l could take 4'' out easally. there is 6'' between the corner and back widows to the body line.

the body line is indented 1/4'' just off of where he bed goes on, the perfect place to chop and no worries abour cutting the rear and side glass:D look at the arrows l put in the picture. l hope this answers your'e question.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• dodge_20110416_112607.jpg
    dodge_20110416_112607.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
i can chop it 3 maybe 4 inches and keep the rear glass the same size wont have to cut it. yes sam fear i kinda figured the vote would come in to chop it but i just could'nt commit to doing it. figured if i let the forum decide then i got no choice but to chop. plus it give you guys a little involvement in the build thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back