Tons-o-Pics Vintage Torque Fest 2012

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
I've got 500+ pics from the show...

VTF2012-Friday
VTF2012-Saturday
VTF-outside-the-gate

Bigger than last year for sure and a lot more going on. I got there about noon on Friday and we camped 2 nites. It's to the point where you can't take it all in.

IMGP3692sml.jpg

IMGP3704sml.jpg

IMGP3720sml.jpg

IMGP3746sml.jpg

IMGP3817sml.jpg

IMGP3843sml.jpg

IMGP3873sml.jpg

IMGP3919sml.jpg

IMGP3988sml.jpg

IMGP3999sml.jpg

Great pics - I'm going to have to make a road trip out there some time. Love the bugs and mud - nice to see stuff driven hard! What's the story on the "Tank", 6th show down in the first post?

Thank you, Sam. A great selection of cars it looks like. And you did an outstanding job of photographing them.

I was starting to think you had forsaken your old RRR buddies as I saw a post by y'all somewhere else. Oh me of little faith.

Okay, next year I'll be there even if I have to trailer one down.

What's the story on the "Tank", 6th show down in the first post?
Someone said what it was, but I instantly forgot. I have a shot of the interior also - the seat is all the way back and it has like a 6' long steering column! Never did catch the owner.

I was starting to think you had forsaken your old RRR buddies as I saw a post by y'all somewhere else. Oh me of little faith.

Okay, next year I'll be there even if I have to trailer one down.

I just tossed up the links real quick over there, I wanted to show off a few pics here and be able to BS about it.

Great show.Thanks. What was the motor in the blue bug roadster?

Someone said it was a Mazda, but I don't recall what - 4banger. Beautiful though.

Thanks for the pictures. Had a lot of friends from home that went, just didn't fit my schedule...we are still getting used to the little one.

Awesome pics Sam! I made it through a hundred or so.........will look some more tomorrow night. I did however notice that this one was 'Extree Sweet' though..

Good eye SF, I'm pretty sure that one received a trophy. BTW, this is a no-awards show, but all the car clubs give out 'club choice' trophies.

Cool pics sam. The second pic with the binder I had to take a second look.... thought he stole mine and threw red paint on it:eek:.
Looks like a good time, I need to make the trek across Ia over there someday.

thanks for the great coverage sam... I think I need to make it a goal to drive there in the truck next year.. Is it held in the same place every year?

This is only the 3rd year for the show and only the second year in Maquokata. I think the town is more than welcoming though. Almost guaranteed it will stay in the area since Vintage Torque is based in Bettendorf IA.

Tons of pre-65 cars, 2 stages with lots of bands, all kinds of dirt track action, a good sized (no non-car stuff) swap meet, and I didn't run into a jerk at all - everyone was laid back and cool! I'm already trying to find out next years date!

Last edited:
This is only the 3rd year for the show and only the second year in Maquokata. I think the town is more than welcoming though. Almost guaranteed it will stay in the area since Vintage Torque is based in Bettendorf IA.

Tons of pre-65 cars, 2 stages with lots of bands, all kinds of dirt track action, a good sized (no non-car stuff) swap meet, and I didn't run into a jerk at all - everyone was laid back and cool! I'm already trying to find out next years date!

I just saw that next year Torque Fest will be at the Dubuque Co. fairgrounds.

Blue

Latest posts

Back