Torsion Bar Suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
As Ricky Nelson once said I went to a garden party today....well at least a car party and saw this. This car is set up with torsion bar front suspension. I wish I could have gotten more detailed shots but there were so many cars that the fire lanes were being blocked and this guy was one of them and he had to move, I think he might have left, I couldn't find him again.

Here are the pics I got. The torsion bar its self runs under the engine and through the frame rails where they are connected to brackets that are then connected to the axle like wishbones, kinda of. Never seen a set up like this, didn't get a chance to ask how well it worked.

Attachments

• torsion-bar-3.jpg
    torsion-bar-3.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 97
  • torsion-bar-2.jpg
    torsion-bar-2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 116
  • torsion-bar.jpg
    torsion-bar.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 98
That's really nifty. There is a fella that hangs out on the Club Hot Rod board that built a torsion bar suspension in his Model A. You can't even see that it's there. I've seen his car in person and it really looks good.

Here's a photo I took of Jim's car that has torsion bar suspension too........

I just bought one of these torsion bar units and plan to put it under my Model A lakes project it looks way cleaner than the leaf over axle style :D

Latest posts

Back