Toyota v8 swap

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronco

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have put a sbc in an '82 toyota pickup, I'm getting ready to put one in in a couple of weeks. I've done some research and all I can find about it is that you need a body lift mostly so you can clear the transmission (gm one anyway). I'm using a 700r4 setup to be full manual while using an adapter to the toy case. Any help would be appreciated!

If you don't want to do a body lift, why not cut out the tunnel and make one a little higher?

I'm planning on putting a Buick 300 in my 91 toy 4x4 but haven't started on it yet. Raising the floor is what I plan to do if I need clearance as I do not want to do a body lift.

Have you checked out these guys? http://www.northwestoffroad.com/ ?

I put a 4.3 in a Toyota Cressida about 3 years ago.... ALOT of firewall was cut.... But I got it in....

I'm not afraid to build a new tunnel, I was kind of looking for the finished product, and how someone got through their problems, thanks guys

My buddy has one with a t350 and I'm pretty sure nothing had to be done to make it clear. His has a lot of lift (40" ground hawgs) so they may of been able to just lower everything in the frame a little.

I put a Buick 231 and Saginaw 4 speed into a 78 model. Fit like it was made for it! Had to notch the frame on the passenger side for the exhaust, other than that, I don't remember it being any problem. Never touched the sheetmetal. I even used the stock Toyota radiator after I had one of the hoses moved to the other side. It was a stump puller with the factory 4:11 gears!

I did one in a Chevy Luv (which was a re-badged Isuzu). Everything cleared using Hooker headers. I did have to notch the front cross-member when I lost a fan belt though.

New to forum, right now I am gathering parts for a build, I have a 1928 ford tudor 350 SBC and what I think is a 1978 chevy luv frame. would like any info you have on your build. Poppadon

I have wheeled with a few v8 toyota's. They fit pretty well. One did have a modified tunnel and no body lift. I put a sbf in a suzuki samurai, a toyota should be a piece a cake lol.

Latest posts

Back