Trade or not?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get outta here!
718333.gif

I think your 39 is a cool ride and appeals to a lot of different kind of people. (Street rodders, rat rodders, Hot rodders, and racer) The wagon mainly would draw the antique people and they would complain about the wheels and the motor.

Myself I know I would have more fun with the 39. For my trading a blown car for a non blown car is a NO NO .But it is up to you.

You would need to get money also IMO. Your car is more difficult to build and way more powerful. If you need the wagon then maybe that would help. Your car is just too nice for an even trade.

17K he should have sold it. That a lot for a 60 four door wagon. What was he asking for it?

$19K, the 348 is a fresh rebuild with a new 3 deuce set up, new Vintage Air, new 700R4, new disc brake conversion, new air ride suspension, all the interior is new reproduction of original. It runs and drives like a dream.

may ride like a dream, but ts still just a wagon. Keep what you have, infinatly classier

Wagons are fetching big money now days..but anyway, you missed the post where I said "I got the wagon". Coming home from church tonight and watching my little grand daughter in the rear seat flying her hand in the wind proved to me it was the right choice...couldn't do that in the '39.

As long as you,and your family are happy than GREAT trade. I for one as stated earlier think the wagon is bad ass cruiser. Given that statement let the record show I do have my wife and son that like to cruise with me.
Lets see some new pics already !

Hey, Iron does the wheels look better in person ? Thats the only questionable item for me on the whole car. Are you goin to the SuperCruize Friday nite ?

Hey, Iron does the wheels look better in person ? Thats the only questionable item for me on the whole car. Are you goin to the SuperCruize Friday nite ?

The wheels are nice but aren't my style, I'm looking at a set of Salt Flat Specials (15X6 front and 15X8 rear) and normal size tires. Yes on the SuperCruise!

vintage_470_gm_2.jpg

I may be in the minority here but I think you did the right thing monetarily speeking. Your 39 was cool no dobt but even though you had more time and money into it, you would have been doing well to get $12K for it. If the wagon ws already up to $17k then I think you are ahead of the game. In the end it is what you want to do at this stage of life. I have car A.D.D. and swap rides all the time. my friends just shake their heads and laugh but at the time it was what I wanted. So, I say, good for you! enjoy the wagon! [cl

Latest posts

Back