Tri-Power

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
The tri-power on my 31' has always run terrible. Looking at the carbs, I discovered that the end carbs were stock rochesters. I was looking for a kit to modify the end carbs, besides Speedway and found this. www.hotrodcarbs.com
CARB_5.jpg

Now I'm waiting for their master build kit. I'd use the above set-up but it would be worth more than my car. :rolleyes:

i just went over to clubhotrod to search up a great tech article someone wrote a while back, their site is down though until tomorrow sometime :(. Anyways, someone there wrote a great article on modifying regular two barrel rochesters for tri-power. It was fairly simple and a great write-up. Also alot cheaper then buying "tri-power" carbs. How much was the master rebuild kit? I couldn't really find it, i saw a kit for $500. Was that it? If it comes back up I'll see if i can find it and post a link for you dude.

The master build kit is $795 and includes all new modified bases with extended throttle shafts, power valve block offs, air horn tube blocks, modified accelerator pumps, arms and springs, and new rebuilding kits. Speedway is a lot cheaper but it only has the modified bases. I heard I could get away with just turning down the idle screws, all the way but I figure, if I'm gonna do it, might as well do it right.

Joe, you going to the Hot Rod Reunion at Famosa? I'm gonna try to go. If I do, I'll probably take the 51' Gasser.

when is it? I try to keep up with this stuff but have only started going to shows the last year or so. It's only an hour drive so i don't have much of an excuse.

that thread shows you how to eliminate the idle circuit among other things the side carbs don't need. I'll see if i can find it, i wish you had asked before ordering your kit though, i don't mean to rain on your parade or anything.

Latest posts

Back