trico defroster fan?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjeep9

I found this fan that would be sweet for moving some air around in the truck in the summer. It is a trico vacuum defroster fan. I am wondering if anyone has something like this and what they used to run it? It says vacuum line but where would I be able to tap into a vacuum line to power a fan. Almost thinking that this might have been one of those random purchases that might sit out in the barn with other spare parts for awhile.

The most reliable vacuum comes from a fuel pump that has a vacuum accessory port. Way back when my '53 Chevy pickup had the original motor and crappy wipers, I happened to come across an old/new replacement fuel pump that had a vacuum port on it. The old guy that sold it to me explained that this port had been eliminated from fuel pumps which is why my wipers sucked. Well it worked as good as electric once it was installed. Today you can buy fuel pumps with this port on it... which would probably run that fan really well.

ok cool yeah i was wondering if I would have to drill and tap into something or if there was a option like that. I was reading about my wiper set up and that seems to be vacuum too but have heard that when your on the gas the wipers slow down or stop so I might have to look into a different option for them. Thanks for the info!!!

I have not used it yet, I am hoping to but with buying a house the truck has been sitting in the yard for the past year or so waiting to get worked on again.

Latest posts

Back