Tried to buy a car on the HAMB

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratsnest

Im a member on the HAMB so i can search for parts ,and maybe buy a car..well heres what happened, there was a 29 model a coupe with the top cut off the guy called it a coupester..we went back a forth for a few days and agreed on a price of 1150...so i sent him a pm for his contact info and told him what day i would be there to pic the car up,,[ no reply ]. i also sent him my phone # he still would contact me...the days i didnt here from him he had signed on to the Hamb,then after 4 days i get a pm from him he said the car was still for sale but not to me...and now he posted the car for sale on the hamb again for less than what we agreed on...this just blows my mind..i just dont understand this guy...

Maybe he fpund out you're going to build a "Rat Rod"! :eek: ;)

i told him thats what i was going to do with it...so to make him mad i posted sold on his new post..i might get kicked off the hamb for all this..he said i was getting to ***** is one of the reasons hes not going to let me buy it....i left all the ugly stuff out of the story....the ugly came after he said no sale...

I find tons of good cars and parts on the hamb.

I just never tell them what im building. and if they ask I always say a hot rod. alot of thoes guys dont want their old steel to end up as a rat rod.

I'm going to guess there is more to the story and his version would be a lot different, not that you aren't telling the truth or anything but it just seems something is missing from the story or he wouldn't have refused to sell it to you. Sometimes personalities just conflict. I only say this because I have sold things on the HAMB and had some issues with a couple people. I had one guy start accusing me of ripping him off after he had paid for something because I was away from my computer for a couple days and didn't answer his numerous pms, so I just returned his paypal and told him I didn't want to do business with anyone who presumed I was dishonest for any reason. He openly posted that I was a typical goofy ******. It was probably the case of a typical trusting rural seller and a city guy who had to be suspicious of people when he didn't get everything like he wanted it. I refuse to let someone else manipulate me into a conditions I am not comfortable with, took a long time to learn that too.
I'd say just let it go and keep looking, no sense pushing on someone who has taken a disliking to you, no good can come from it.

I've bought a lot of parts (never from that pork related site), but I have never had anyone ask me what I was going to use them for.

ISore

I don't like the HAMB, there is just something about those guys over there. I bought a title from a guy there and had to wait 2 months to get it. It wasn't till I got in contact with his next door neighbor and him called to his neighbors house to answer the phone that he sent my title to me.

I have had the same thing happen about not selling stuff, with Corvair steering boxes. The restoration guys won't sell you parts if they find out you are building a hot rod.

It happens all the time, Antiquers don't what to sell to the rodder and so on. happen to me couple of times.

Years ago I was at a local show and I had on on of Posies shirts that said anyone car restore a car, It take a real man to cut one up. At this show was a restored Model A postal truck with a For Sale sign on it. I wanted to look at it but was not interested in buying it.

I walk up started looking at the truck when this #@$hat got up out of his chair and started in on me how he would never sell it to me and I should move on. finely after about a minute of his flaming talk. I said I'm not interested in buy your peace of S#@* along with some other stuff. PTSD make you say things when your mad.

Myself if you have the green its yours and I could care less what you do with it after that..

I sold a nice original 66 Olds 442 4 speed car once and declined to sell it to a couple different kids with the cash in hand because I knew they would destroy it and probably kill someone else in the process.
Those old Model A guys are really down on hotrodders and think everyone of the 10 million As should be restored. You dare not speak of hotrods when buying from most of them. But for the most part I sell stuff and it's yours to do what you want after the deal is done.

Im a member on the HAMB so i can search for parts ,and maybe buy a car..well heres what happened, there was a 29 model a coupe with the top cut off the guy called it a coupester..we went back a forth for a few days and agreed on a price of 1150...so i sent him a pm for his contact info and told him what day i would be there to pic the car up,,[ no reply ]. i also sent him my phone # he still would contact me...the days i didnt here from him he had signed on to the Hamb,then after 4 days i get a pm from him he said the car was still for sale but not to me...and now he posted the car for sale on the hamb again for less than what we agreed on...this just blows my mind..i just dont understand this guy...

And you're surprised? [ddd

Beercan

Latest posts

Back