turbo advice

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
where would be the best place to tap for some oil (sending and return) when putting on a turbo?
ive got the rest all figured out but still not sure on this.

And what type of Turbo?
Return to the oil pan. Weld a bung into the pan and use AN fittings to drain the oil back into the pan.

oil

well if its a small block there are ports in front and rear of the intake,typically peopl use these for oil press gauges.

Chrysler 225 slant 6 --
was thinkin of returning to oil pan and stealing from the oil pressure spot (maybe with an inline external guage) --- but wasnt sure if i could do that --
as far as the turbo goes - ive been reading a lot on them and it seems that i can basically run any smaller vehicle turbo -- engine around 1/2 to 3/4 the size of the 3.7 L 225 -- not sure on it all yet -- but leaning that way... other direction is trying to get ahold of all the necessities for a hyperpak ... but that seems more difficult than the turbo.

Yeah that's where most Turbo setups return to. As far as turbos go...if tour a handy fabricator then you Turbo options are unlimited and cheap. Many cars remove stock turbos to upgrade and makes them cheap. Mitsubishis take of the tdo5h 16g turbos from the evolution, and a really cool cheap Turbo is the holder vgt that comes on the newer Cummings. It has a turbine that changes in size ,variable geometry turbo. So.you can get instant spool and massive top end. They go for cheap and lots of import.guys are snagging them up.

Yeah that's where most Turbo setups return to. As far as turbos go...if tour a handy fabricator then you Turbo options are unlimited and cheap. Many cars remove stock turbos to upgrade and makes them cheap. Mitsubishis take of the tdo5h 16g turbos from the evolution, and a really cool cheap Turbo is the holder vgt that comes on the newer Cummings. It has a turbine that changes in size ,variable geometry turbo. So.you can get instant spool and massive top end. They go for cheap and lots of import.guys are snagging them up.

Cummings like the cheaply made Chinese tools??? Or are you talking about he351vgt holset turbo from the 6.7l CUMMINS engine ??

just make sure the oil returns ABOVE the oil level in the pan. If you don't have it already, get the book "MAXIMUM BOOST" by corky bell. There is quite a lot more to it than just finding a turbo, and bolting it into place. But this book will head you in the right direction. By the way the turbo itself is pretty cheap, it is all the plumbing and accessories necessary to make it work properly that cost all the money. I'm planning an install on a 216 chevy in the next couple of years. But I am lucky we have a turbo shop relatively near by. But when you get it done, let us know how it works out.

Latest posts

Back