unfinished pile o crap" club, whos in?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe a trade in the works

WOW, l may actually get one "finished":eek:

a guy over to to do some checking on the right away his company has down my driveway and spotted the 1935 chevy in the garage, he asked if l want to trade it for a running driving 1948 chevy 2 door coupe. the 1948 is sub-framed with a camaro unit and a 10 bolt, new wiring to 12 volt, 350-350, decent paint{read 40fter} and a fair interior, eastern washington car so no rust[cl car was built in the 80's, l said bring it over and let see it, if it is nice, grab the trailer and by-by 1935.

update when l know more[cl not actual car, but this body style.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• 01 48chevy coupe.jpg
    01 48chevy coupe.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 12
  • AddEmoticons04243.gif
    AddEmoticons04243.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 126
My wifes 64 convertable bug. Straight and pretty much rust free. I still have my 65 sunroof bug I've had for 27 years. Never painted it. Just primer and a stroker engine. [ddev
Tim

Hopefully I'll have the 34 Coupe done before spring.
010-4.jpg

Then I'll finish this one up. 1950 Stude Champion
018.jpg

014-1.jpg

Haven't even started these yet.
1954 Stude Pick up
008.jpg

1935 Plymouth Sedan
35sedan2.jpg

Bunch of Model A stuff
005-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

080.jpg

078.jpg

073.jpg

I'm in!:)

50 International - in process now
56 Dodge pick up - in holding pattern for a few (maybe more than a few[S) years
39 Ford 2dr sedan - in holding pattern since last year
Model A 2dr sedan - in holding pattern even longer than 56 Dodge
55 F100 - this ones a driver, someday maybe I will get the carpet, headliner and door trim done
:rolleyes:and then there's my daily driver car and truck, which are driving projects!
My wife thinks I'm nuts:eek: Maybe she is right, but its fun:D

I have a personal policy--I have to drive the projects out of my shop under their own power, and they have to steer and stop--then ----TIME TO START ANOTHER ONE!!! :p

48 Pointiac streamliner--camero stub-Blown BBC-turbo 350-10 bolt rear.

49 Bentley Boat tale Speedster--Turbocharged 350 SBC on a Dodge D-50 PU chasis.

65 Plastic cobra- 5.0 Ford AOD EFI-85 Ford Stationwagon front brakes and rear end..

32 Dodge PU--5.0 Ford AOD, T Bird IRS--Chevy Van front axle.

Plastic 26 T Roadster--455 Pontiac worked over, turbo 400--Streetable

Tin 26 T cut down sedan-Licensed and insured- 5.0 Ford, AOD, Megasquirt EFI, Toyota IRS, Econoline front axle with Chevy Discs...

In the shop now--82 Mustang coupe--Nissan JDM RB25DET --JATCO automatic--Meggashift tranny controller(ordered)--Stock ECM--just pieces so far. A pretty simple --Engine swap thing for the spring project...( BTW JATCO Means Japanese Automatic Transmission Company)--Kinda like naming your dog--- Dog-- I like that:p.

I have my wife convinced this is Healthy-- I don't smoke or drink or chase Women, and she always knows where I'm at.. I do this on the cheep--usually swapping and trading for pieces--I usually have less invested than they are worth, and I occupy my mind. Good fun and I don't hurt noboddy..

And every once in a while I do that 'illegal smile' thing-- A burn out in front of the police station--Pass a ricer doing a hunnerd in a Model T-- Harmless stuff just to keep the blood pumpin..

Life is good.

PA

Ok, here's the plan:
1. Get the '40 Plymmie pickup on the road early this summer.
2. Get the Fiat on the road by late summer.
3. New slant 6 engine in the dragster this spring.
4. New engine in the Model A tudoor. Different tires and wheels. Next fall.
5. Race the Crosley as is.
6. Fix the front sheet metal on the Anglia, from when my brother ran it into the garage wall.
7. Carb work and different rear suspension in the Tub next fall.
8. On warm, sunny days, cruise around in the plastic '27 Roadster.
9. Pick one or two of my cars to sell. That's a hard one.
10. Look at a pile of '31 Chevy Pickup parts, presumably enough to build a hot rod out of. Today or tomorrow.
Like I need another project...

Latest posts

Back