:: Unique 31' Ford Build ::

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guarantee you , if you left the protective cans on the air ride up front someone would come to you and ask " Why did you put air shocks on the front " . If you painted them yellow you could tell everyone that they are monroe's off a semi . That would rank up there with all the stupid questions I have been asked . All joking aside , I love your truck and 39" is tight for a midget ! [cl[dr[cl

Just a note here, those really thin wishbones are off of an early 28 model a. They were used for the first two months and then the engineers realized that they needed to be beefed up. Those cars and trucks had an AR designation and there were also some other items that were used on the AR's only, they are worth some cash to the right restorer/collector Harv.

I really like what your doing, cool ride.

I actually pulled them off of my Back Burner Project...
I ordered them about 5 or 6 yrs ago... for my 67' Chevy Pickup that I have yet to Finish.... **God Bless**
At tha time that I ordered them Bonspeed was jus' getting started... and I was Stoked to own an "Original" set of Wheels.... but due to my slow progress on tha Truck.... I've seen them popping up here and There...
So..... I thought what tha H**L..... I'll pull em' off and use em' for tha Rat Project.... and Order me another new set for tha 67' sometime this Summer....

The truck is looking great, I would love some pics when it is finished for our website gallery! When you need some wheels for that '67 let me know, we have a bunch of new styles...bonspeedwheels.com.

Looks great! What size air line are you going to use and what gallon tank? I see the monster banner on wall and love it. my garage has monster all over it!

I just read every post and al i gotta say is this is an awsome build. at first I wasn't crazy about the rolling stock, but I think if you have them powder coated like you mentioned earlier it will flow real nice...

Keep us updated with the pics.

Lookin B@d a$$ right now.

Panhard came out nice. Great pictures and build thread.

thank u bonehead... I think it will work good, probably could have gone alot shorter, but what tha heck... Not sure yet how much lift those bags are gonna give me..
Are u stayin busy?? Gotta get together with ya and design that fuel tank when ya get a chance!!

thats is some great fab work you are doing.. the rear of the frame is going to look really good...

I wish i had gone with a watts link in the rear of mine.. the panhard is as long as i could make it.. but it still gets more sideways movement than i wanted when its aired out....

Thanks Corpo!! Man u got some mad skills, lookin at yur project!! Some major thought has gone into that I'm sure!!!
I'm hoping tha Watts Link will add some character to tha rear setup... I plan on running a 4 link with it as well...
A lil' over engineered, but nice and Beefy looking... Should keep it all inline
how much does yur rear setup shift over when aired out?

I guarantee you , if you left the protective cans on the air ride up front someone would come to you and ask " Why did you put air shocks on the front " . If you painted them yellow you could tell everyone that they are monroe's off a semi . That would rank up there with all the stupid questions I have been asked . All joking aside , I love your truck and 39" is tight for a midget ! [cl[dr[cl

Haha.... Yeah gotta Love those dumb questions everyone seems to ask.... "how do u drive that thing?? Doesn't it scrape?!?!"
lol

Just a note here, those really thin wishbones are off of an early 28 model a. They were used for the first two months and then the engineers realized that they needed to be beefed up. Those cars and trucks had an AR designation and there were also some other items that were used on the AR's only, they are worth some cash to the right restorer/collector Harv.

I really like what your doing, cool ride.

Very useful information!! Thank u SO Much!!
Do u have any idea where I could research this more on tha Internet??
Or who might be looking to buy them for their project!?
I would be happy to help out if someone needs them... I still have tha center part of tha wishbones... Tha pivot part that was left over after they were split..

The truck is looking great, I would love some pics when it is finished for our website gallery! When you need some wheels for that '67 let me know, we have a bunch of new styles...bonspeedwheels.com.

BonspeedBrad...
Thanks for yur interest!!
I plan on having a Professional Photo Shoot done once I get finished building it...and I will make sure and get ahold of u!!
That would be awesome to have tha truck pics on tha Bonspeed website!!
I'm looking to go with a 22"/24" combo for tha 67' Chevy!!
Any kind of a deal u could work me?? Seein how I'm a returning customer?? Lol

Looks great! What size air line are you going to use and what gallon tank? I see the monster banner on wall and love it. my garage has monster all over it!

Hell yeah!! Monster runs in my blood!! Think I'm addicted to it, lol!!
I will probably jus run with some 3/8" airlines... And valves... Tha airtank will be made out of tha rear crossmember, or backhalf... That way it will be hidden from view

I just read every post and al i gotta say is this is an awsome build. at first I wasn't crazy about the rolling stock, but I think if you have them powder coated like you mentioned earlier it will flow real nice...

Keep us updated with the pics.

Lookin B@d a$$ right now.

For sure man!!
I will post more pics as I go...
I'm busy with work right now.... Will be back after it in a few more days!!

For sure man!!
I will post more pics as I go...
I'm busy with work right now.... Will be back after it in a few more days!!

You have a good schedule for working on a project. I am up for a gas tank, and I got a couple of good ideas to add into it. I think you could use a sight tube for a gas gauge.

You have a good schedule for working on a project. I am up for a gas tank, and I got a couple of good ideas to add into it. I think you could use a sight tube for a gas gauge.

That's a Killer idea!! How bout a couple of yur skulls prodding out from tha front side of tha tank?? They would be right there for tha Passenger to see!!

Question on Watts Link

[;)So... I got a question for you all...
Has anybody done any research, or ran across a Post on mounting up a Watts Link on tha Rear suspension..??
I will be building tha rear frame section this Week, and want to know tha direction I'm goin with it b4 I jus jump in!!!!
Guess what I really need to know is:

Do both Link Bars have to be tha same length?
Since I am running an Air Suspension... When tha truck is Layed all tha way out... Do they need to run parallel to tha ground and eachother?
Does tha middle pivot bracket need to be set up exactly Perpendicular to tha ground before cycling tha suspension??

Thanks for any help u guys might provide!!
I really appreciate it!![;)

Im not 100% positive but i do believe that when its at ride height you want the upper link running up towards the pumpkin with the watts link past center, therefore the lower link will be running down hill towards the pumpkin

And if i understand the watts link set ups, yes you would want the links to be the same length and you would also want the frame mounts to be across from one another at the same height... which i think is close to the centerline of the axle...

This what i think... i could be way off base.. maybe some one else can chime in...

Im not sure 100% on the watts link, but think I remember reading that everything should be square and level at ride height, I had a copy of Herb Adams book on suspension geometry I just dont have it at hand as its burried in my storage since i moved.

BTW love big rims and slam, looks like giant hotwheels car :D

Latest posts

Back