Up on all four

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4-link bushings

Tusk, the bushings were part of a kit that was purchased from fender bender international. Their web site is www.fbirides.com Hope this helps.
by the way watcha building?

finally got the pics to load on my glacial dial up after 5 tries. it was worth the trouble. cool truck and nice fab work.

Wheel stands

The wheel stands where originally made to hold spare tires behind pit wall.
I changed the design and shape to be able to hold a race car for setup purposes. They are made from .090 3003 aluminum and are 12" in height so that frame height and ground clearances can be checked. I have also made them with 2 with the cradle shape and 2 that are flat to hold frontend alignment plates. If your shop floor is fairly level, a piece of sqare tubing
with two pieces of flat plate welded on each end for a total height of 12" you can measure ground clearances. Its amazing what you can find when you can get the ants view of the underside of your ride. I have had cars as heavy as 3500 lbs with 2-3 guys climbing in and out while I was underneath
changing oil, gear sets, doing setup etc and never had any worries about safety.If anyone wants a set they would run about 400.00 plus shipping.
PM me if you have any ?s Clipper

DSCN9760.jpg

DSCN9759.jpg

DSCN9764.jpg

DSCN9765.jpg

Nice stands Clipper. I'm sure several sets are under construction as we speak and your phone will ring off the hook with orders, but lets get back to the build.

Where was I..... oh yeah, more pictures please.:D

Here is another piece of work Dave did for my 63 Pan. Its one sweet shifter.

DSC04545.JPG

DSC04547.JPG

Windshield on RPU

Heres a couple pics of windshield
102_0346.jpg
I made the frame and stantions out of 3/4 095
102_0348.jpg
The jury is still out on the dash fab, just playing with placement of gauges.

Pretty sweet ride.I like how you set up the rear end bars.Eliminates the use of a panhard bar with the upper arms at an angle like that.Like the windsheild setup too, simple and functional.Keep up the good work.Oh yea,killer shop too.:D

rear bracket fab

wanted to move my lower shock mounts out to add a little more angle added 3rd bracket and braced. off to sand blaster this week then straighten.

121_0001.jpg

121_0009.jpg

bracket material is 3/16

121_0012.jpg

121_0011.jpg

Dash fabrication / Hammer forming

Made bucks in the shape of the orange patterns in earlier posts. Hammered and formed dash pieces.

121_0079.jpg

121_0075.jpg

Heres a pic of the hand tools used

121_0133.jpg

heres the finished center piece. will hold water temp,speedometer and oil pressure gauges.

121_0130.jpg

121_0094.jpg

Latest posts

Back