upgrading brakes on '41 Dodge pickup?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty46

Any suggestions here? I'd like to upgrade the front brakes on the original straight axle, even if they are drums. Just something better than factory.
I think that a 60's D100 brake drum setup may not be to hard to bolt up??

Any Luck ?

Hey, I just found your post doing a search for this. Have any luck getting those brakes on your truck ? I've got a 39 Plymouth truck which I think is the same front end as yours. Would like to run the big drum brakes on it.:confused:

discs ?

I have looked at Rusty Hope's site. Were the parts (rotors, bearings, calipers,etc) expensive ? Common parts ? Thanks for the comment !

All the parts are common and you can easily get them from NAPA or a similar parts store. They are not that expensive either but when you buy it all at once it adds up. I think i have around $250-$300 just in parts. I dont mind spending the $ on brakes, theyre way to important to cheap out on. Look thru my build thread thats linked in my signature and you'll see pics of the disc brake kit on my truck. Good luck.

-Chris

Thanks for the info. I'll look at the build thread tonight. Discs beat old drums IMHO.

Latest posts

Back