Upholstery Paint??

• Thread starter GulfCoastGasser
  • Start date
Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GulfCoastGasser

I am thinking of changing the color of part of my door panels, by using one of those upholstery spray paints.
Does any one know if one brand is better than the others? And how well do they all work?
Can areas be masked off? :confused:

Any experienced info is greatly appreciated!

Dupli-Color!

I used Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric on my ragtop Nova where the sun bleached the carpets & seats (also used it on vinyl). Works like a champ & is avail @ O'Reilly's in multiple colors. I saw it of all places... on Hot Rod TV.

BoB

GCG, Tripper is spot on with this one.

Oddly enough back in the day when I had my shop you could go to the paint store and get lacquer in any color you wanted and then add flex agent. Repainted many a vinyl top and door panels. But alas the days of lacquer are long gone.

I used Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric on my ragtop Nova where the sun bleached the carpets & seats (also used it on vinyl). Works like a champ & is avail @ O'Reilly's in multiple colors. I saw it of all places... on Hot Rod TV.

BoB

Thanks - I will give it a try.:)

How hard is it to mask off an area (like masking flames for a paint job)?

Finally something I have some experience with.:D

In 1971 I painted the entire enterior of a 61 Chevy 2 door hardtop with upholstry paint. It looked great.:D Then I got arrested, the car got impounded and that was that.:eek:

I have not been in trouble with the law since, so I guess it worked for me but I dont remember what brand it was.:D

Latest posts

Back