USPS Rant

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
As many of you know I also play hard in the RC world....... I have been for quite some time. Lately I have been working hard on an FPV racing quad 250 class. If you guys don't know what that is I suggest you look it up. Truly an amazing thing and one of the most fun things I have done in a long time. Unfortunately you don't just pick most of that stuff up in a local hobby shop, so of course I order a lot of things online. Who am I kidding?!?!?! I have packages of car parts, camper parts, or RC parts showing up almost daily.....

ANY HOW....... Last month I placed two different orders that the wonderful USPS has screwed up.....

First off was just a little plastic camera case. Just like any other racing world weight is important, so I ordered a new housing for my camera to shave weight. Ordered it on my birthday so I could use the excuse of a gift to myself (like I needed an excuse). Package left the post office 20 miles from my house and has never showed up anywhere else. Week later called the post office and started a case with them, what a joke that is. The local post office called and said yup it is not here, we will contact the last known stop and try for more information. Called back 2 days later, said nope not there either. Then they say we will send you out a form to fill out and send to Georgia, the package is supposedly lost in MI so not sure the point of that...... Then the form shows up and says do not fill out if the package is worth less than $25. Since the little plastic case is only $7 guess I am just $crewed out of my money. Luckily the place I got it from is going to send me another.... Hopefully it isn't lost as well. Oh and the tracking number for this still shows "On Time Expected delivery of April 16th":mad: :mad:

Next up on the 26th I ordered another part. It made it to the SAME POST OFFICE and never moved again by the tracking number. It showed up there on the 30th with an expected delivery date of the 30th. Any other time by the way they shipped before I would have had it that day. It never moved. I was waiting until Thursday, one week then was going to call on this. Yesterday the tracking number was updated to DELAYED and it shows that it left that post office. This morning they updated the delivery date to today, and it shows the tracking number update recent scan that it showed up at a post office 200miles in the WRONG DIRECTTION! Guess I won't be getting this today either!! :mad: :mad: :mad: And the tacking information no longer says delayed, it says on time. SOOOO HOW IN THE HECK CAN SOMETHING BE DELAYED ONCE FOR ALMOST A WEEK THEN miraculously now be ON TIME?

Both of these items also were coming from in the states.....

End vent/rant

It sounds like some disgruntled or incompetent local employee. I have been using them for years and never had an issue. I probably ship 100 items a year and get at least that many.

I may have agreed with you until today's actions WB.....

Today the package that showed up in the wrong spot actually made it on a truck and went out for delivery up there..... Luckily it was not delivered anywhere, it apparently went back to the post office and is sitting there now......

IMG_20150505_144602_911_zps9atq12iy.jpg

I have shipped many items through the USPS, never an issue until last month....

I'm in the same boat. :( I bought some LED bulbs off of eBay, supposedly shipped from CA on the 4th of May, expected delivery date today, May 5th. Impossible! Unless they shipped it by air, no way it can get across the country in 24 hours! I might get them by Friday, if I get lucky.

We ship about 15 packages every day with USPS, they are by far so much cheaper than UPS. Service is about the same. Packages lost, never returned, they just fall off the face of the earth. If you jump through all their hoops, you can get your money back. But you'll spend an entire day, time wise to recover $25.00, it is not worth the effort.

We ship about 15 packages every day with USPS, they are by far so much cheaper than UPS. Service is about the same. Packages lost, never returned, they just fall off the face of the earth. If you jump through all their hoops, you can get your money back. But you'll spend an entire day, time wise to recover $25.00, it is not worth the effort.

Smaller packages are, as you say, much cheaper via USPS. On large packages (like a box 18 x 24 x 24), UPS is much cheaper.

I got my bulbs yesterday, USPS says delivered on time, even though they were 3 days late! :confused: I guess they work on a different timetable than I do...

I got my bulbs yesterday, USPS says delivered on time, even though they were 3 days late! :confused: I guess they work on a different timetable than I do...

My one package is still missing. Been lost for almost a month. But still says on time expected delivery of April 16th..... Must be friends with Marty McFly. Going to bring that to me in the Delorian.

I like how even though packages go delayed or whatever and they switch back to on time when they come up with a new time to deliver it to you.

And now here I am with the 5th package in the last 2 months that is lost/delayed. Package has not shown up anywhere in the last 4 days. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday.

You have the worst luck!!!

And now here I am with the 5th package in the last 2 months that is lost/delayed. Package has not shown up anywhere in the last 4 days. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday.

Would it be better to have a PO box or address in a bigger place? This is just ridiculous !!! I just got a package yesterday that wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow. Sorry to say, the big city has its benefits, though I would MUCH rather be out and away from it at times.

Latest posts

Back