V dub chop top?????????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

47FORD

Hey all need help. I have a vw bug that I want to chop the top on . about 2" to 3" has any one done this yet. need to know how to go about doing one.
I have never done a top chop be for. I have some vw bodys to practice on so if I mess up no big deal but any help ? would be good thanks

vw chop

look up timbo on here he has a killer chop top for his avitar, may have some good pointers, I have seen many old bugs with a chop in the front and nothing in the back ( a wedge chop ) i guess that would be the easiest chop on a bug

Wow, your picking one of the very hardest roofs to begin with your first chop. I'd suggest before you make any cuts to sit back and study it from ever angle and picture in your mind how things will more. use masking tape to lay out potential cut lines to see if they work. Good luck.

Attachments

• 485048.jpg
    485048.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 485047.jpg
    485047.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 19
:cool: Thanks 4 the info. I have alot of bug bodys to work with[;) so if i mess up then I can go to the next one. 5 1/2 in look good maybe I will try that. then hope that I can get all 6'1" of me in there? My son is a nerd so he can do the math.:D may have to set the seat on the floor to drive it :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back